You will be working within our Procurement Team and report to a senior person. The Procurement department is responsible for the sourcing of materials and services, materials management, stores/logistics and supplier management.
The role will include:
- Support purchasing team members and other relevant departments and communicate any problems which may impact on operational requirements
- Negotiate contracts and terms of business with suppliers
- Develop skills in making business savings using negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Raise and expedite purchase orders
- Ensure any purchase order invoice queries are resolved quickly
- Develop supplier relationships and maintain good communications
- Assist in the selection of new suppliers
- Contact suppliers to resolve queries and issues
- Compile supplier data analysis relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
- Assist in the assessment and evaluation of suppliers and supplier performance reviews
- Take a professional and consistent approach to all supplier relationships in line with purchasing processes and procedures
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing
- Prepare reports as and when required
- Maintain department records and undertake any general departmental administration
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement
The Procurement Graduate Scheme
In order for Procurement Graduates to become skilled and experienced enough to perform a full role at Ansaldo Nuclear they will need to work in a variety of Departments during the defined period of their Graduate Scheme, which is 3 years. During this time, they will also be required to gain their Level 5 with the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS).
Year 1 Understand basics of procurement and how other functions interact with procurement.
Year 2 Develop the Graduate’s knowledge around the different stages of procurement.
Year 3 Perform independent procurement work with little supervision, proving that you are a trusted member of the purchasing team. Complete Level 5 CIPS and be ready to enter a procurement professional role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!