Industrial Placement - Merchandising Admin Assistant (Wallis)
Please only apply for this role if you are a sandwich course student looking for a year long placement between summer 18-19
About the role
We've come a long way since our first store opened in the 1920's. Owned by Sir Philip Green and part of the Arcadia Group, we now have over 450 stores throughout the UK, Eire and Europe and have evolved into a premium high street Brand.
Our business is fast paced, aspirational, exciting and fun and our culture reflects this. With passion and enthusiasm for our jobs, our product and our Brand, we are very proud of the role we all play in making Wallis so successful.
We invest a lot of time and energy in our people and ensure every one of our employees, at whatever level, is continually developing their leadership skills, commercial knowledge and natural retail flair. Our people show innovation, take ownership, challenge the norm and play an active part in driving our business forward.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a successful and inspiring team at Wallis! We are looking for an aspiring Merchandiser to join the team at Wallis on a 12 month Industrial Placement!
What you'll be doing day to day
- Setting up initial allocations and effective replenishment using patterns & speeds, rates of sale, smoothing factors, forward demand factors and maximum covers
- Branch potentialisation through profiling, analysis and building branch packages
- Developing understanding of stores operations, Home Shopping, International departments and Searchline procedures
- Setting up and maintaining filing system
- Reviewing sales figures and advising Merchandiser of appropriate actions
- Managing markdown and forecasting performance and sales figures
- Maintaining delivery schedule.
- Communicating necessary stock requirements to team/supplier.
- Store visits, discussing findings with Merchandiser and Distribution and reviewing results of actions taken.
- Discuss methods/strategy to potentialise sales
- Good working knowledge of AS400 and Excel in order to collate and relay relevant delivery & performance information
- Completing margin analysis and monitoring critical path
- Using AS400 to flex categories, complete markdown models and IFPR line cards
- Awareness of BOB planning system
- Ensuring supplier compliance and dealing effectively with arising issues
- Communicating with suppliers and Merchandising/Distribution teams regarding deliveries
- Monitoring and maintaining dept size aims and communicating changes in dept ratios to Distribution, making recommendations to Assistant Merchandiser
What we're looking for
- Strong awareness of fashion trends
- Excellent numerate and analytical skills
- Good negotiation and time management
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Confident communicator and presenter
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!