Industrial Placement – Buyers Admin Assistant (Wallis)
Please only apply for this role if you are a sandwich course student looking for a year long placement between summer 18-19
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Buyers Admin Assistant to join Wallis as a 12 month Industrial Placement. This fast paced and competitive role is the starting point for a career in Fashion Buying.
As a Buyers Admin Assistant (BAA) you will provide crucial support to the Assistant Buyer to ensure we are first in capturing and translating the emerging trends. You will support the Buying team as they work closely with the In-house Design, Technical, Creative and Merchandising teams and our suppliers to ensure we create and launch the most desirable must have product range that will excite and delight our customer, while developing all the skills and insight you need to become a future Buyer at Wallis.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Contributes towards decision making across the product team and provides effective administration
- Proactively maintains the critical path and places orders on the system
- Builds effective relationships and liaises with suppliers and the merchandising team to ensure effective communication at all times
- Maintains the sample library, ready for product reviews, trading updates etc. and liaises with press regarding samples
- Assists with fit sessions, recording fit comments and actions communication from these
- Ensuring quality control process is applied
- Visits our Wallis stores, those of our competitors and more aspirational stores and provides key information on new trends to the rest of the team.
What we're looking for
- A strong eye for emerging trends
- Passionate and driven to succeed in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Proactively sources new ideas and inspiration (be it from catwalk trends, street style, popular culture, media, travel etc.)
- A clear and confident communicator who is able to interact with all levels in the business
- Possesses solid admin skills and an extremely organised nature
- Preferably has a fashion-related degree or experience
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!