Industrial Placement - Merchandising Admin Assistant
Please only apply for this role if you are a sandwich course student looking for a year long placement starting in summer 2019. Please be aware that this role could be in any of our brands.
Who Are We
We’re the UK’s largest privately owned fashion retailer with eight major brands: Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Topshop, Topman, Wallis, and Outfit. All our brands share the Arcadia values that make them great places to work. We let people be themselves. We're informal while professional. And we mix fun with business. But our brands all have their own distinct flavours, too. Round here, commercial success starts with people – getting stuck in and working together.
Join us and you won’t be here just to make up the numbers. You’ll take on real responsibility from the word ‘go’. As well as learning on the job, you’ll get the chance to accessorise your style with professional development. We’re home to a range of brands – enough to keep you engaged for your whole career. Most of all, there’s massive scope to shape your role as you progress.
- We are looking for an aspiring Merchandiser to join one of our amazing brands on a 12 month Industrial Placement!
- While Buyers and Designers set the trends for new ranges, Merchandisers do the strategic thinking that decides where those ranges will be available. Will the next big thing be our next big seller? It could be your call. Starting out as an MAA, you'll help make sure our products are in the right place, at the right time - whether it's in-store or online. As well as staying on top of the everyday admin tasks, a big part of your role will be allocating new stock to stores. By analysing and presenting customer buying and sales patterns, you'll help guide the whole process, maximising profit opportunities and getting to know our customers and stores inside out.
- One day you might be assessing sales figures. Next, you'll consult with Buyers over a product sample to decide where to launch our latest creation. You'll build excellent working relationships with Distribution, Brand Merchandising and the Buyers Admin Assistant in your department, as well as managing your UK based and international suppliers.
What We're Looking For
- Strong awareness of fashion trends
- Excellent numerate and analytical skills
- Good negotiation and time management
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Confident communicator and presenter
The Exciting Part
- Early finish Fridays during Summer!
- 25% discount across all our fab 8 brands to shop until you drop
- Stunning London offices with a restaurant, bar and beauty salon to always look and feel your best
- Regular sample sales to refresh your wardrobe at fractional prices
- Fun, inspiring and ambitious colleagues pushing the boundaries across the whole business
- Regular competitions to win amazing prizes
- Events to support our diverse range of charities
- Interest free season ticket loan to help with those travel expenses!
- 22 days holiday with holiday trading