Industrial Placement - PR Assistant
Please only apply for this role if you are a sandwich course student looking for a year long placement starting summer 2019. Please be aware this role could be within any of our brands.
Who We Are
We’re the UK’s largest privately owned fashion retailer with eight major brands: Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Topshop, Topman, Wallis, and Outfit. All our brands share the Arcadia values that make them great places to work. We let people be themselves. We're informal while professional. And we mix fun with business. But our brands all have their own distinct flavours, too. Round here, commercial success starts with people – getting stuck in and working together.
Join us and you won’t be here just to make up the numbers. You’ll take on real responsibility from the word ‘go’. As well as learning on the job, you’ll get the chance to accessorise your style with professional development. We’re home to a range of brands – enough to keep you engaged for your whole career. Most of all, there’s massive scope to shape your role as you progress.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join the in- house PR team for a year long placement as a Junior Press Assistant. We are looking for someone who is passionate about fashion with a creative flair, highly organised, confident, thrives in a fast paced environment, is an excellent communicator and is able to successfully multi-task.
Day To Day
- Supporting Press Assistant to ensure continuous high levels of product placement in the media
- Responding to price and credit requests
- Management of the press samples, including returns and send outs
- Effective sample co-ordination
- Monitoring and scanning coverage, creating weekly coverage reports for Senior Management and internal teams
- Working closely on key projects throughout the year i.e Seasonal campaigns, London Fashion Week shows
- Building and maintaining important internal relationships with various teams including buying, design and retail
- Supporting the international PR team, booking courier to send samples to global markets
- Providing project support to the Press Co-ordinator and Press Assistants
- Managing relationships with journalists to encourage strong product coverage
- Assisting at the London Fashion Week Show
What We're Looking For
- A solid understanding of the media
- Must have a very strong interest in fashion, trends and youth culture
- Excellent organisation with the ability to multi-task
- Must be flexible and enjoy working in fast- pace, fast- moving and changing environment
- Reflects image and upholds brand values
- Able to contribute fresh and innovative ideas
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to work independently and use initiative
The Exciting Part
- Early finish Fridays during Summer!
- 25% discount across all our fab 8 brands to shop until you drop
- Stunning London offices with a restaurant, bar and beauty salon to always look and feel your best
- Regular sample sales to refresh your wardrobe at fractional prices
- Fun, inspiring and ambitious colleagues pushing the boundaries across the whole business
- Regular competitions to win amazing prizes
- Events to support our diverse range of charities
- Interest free season ticket loan to help with those travel expenses!
- 22 days holiday with holiday trading