Industrial Placement - Buying Admin Assistant
Please only apply for this role if you are a sandwich course student looking for a year long placement starting in Summer 2019. Please be aware that this role could be in any of our brands.
Who We Are
We’re the UK’s largest privately owned fashion retailer with eight major brands: Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Topshop, Topman, Wallis, and Outfit. All our brands share the Arcadia values that make them great places to work. We let people be themselves. We're informal while professional. And we mix fun with business. But our brands all have their own distinct flavours, too. Round here, commercial success starts with people – getting stuck in and working together.
Join us and you won’t be here just to make up the numbers. You’ll take on real responsibility from the word ‘go’. As well as learning on the job, you’ll get the chance to accessorise your style with professional development. We’re home to a range of brands – enough to keep you engaged for your whole career. Most of all, there’s massive scope to shape your role as you progress.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Buyers Admin Assistant to join one of our amazing brands on a 12 month Industrial Placement. This fast paced and competitive role is the starting point for a career in Fashion Buying.
As a Buyers Admin Assistant (BAA) you will provide crucial support to the Assistant Buyer to ensure we are first in capturing and translating the emerging trends. You will support the Buying team as they work closely with the In-house Design, Technical, Creative and Merchandising teams and our suppliers to ensure we create and launch the most desirable must have product range that will excite and delight our customer, while developing all the skills and insight you need to become a future Buyer.
Day to Day
- Contributes towards decision making across the product team and provides effective administration
- Proactively maintains the critical path and places orders on the system
- Builds effective relationships and liaises with suppliers and the merchandising team to ensure effective communication at all times
- Maintains the sample library, ready for product reviews, trading updates etc. and liaises with press regarding samples
- Assists with fit sessions, recording fit comments and actions communication from these
- Ensuring quality control process is applied
- Being involved in store visits, those of our competitors and more aspirational stores and provides key information on new trends to the rest of the team.
The Exciting Part
- Early finish Fridays during Summer!
- 25% discount across all our fab 8 brands to shop until you drop
- Stunning London offices with a restaurant, bar and beauty salon to always look and feel your best
- Regular sample sales to refresh your wardrobe at fractional prices
- Fun, inspiring and ambitious colleagues pushing the boundaries across the whole business
- Regular competitions to win amazing prizes
- Events to support our diverse range of charities
- Interest free season ticket loan to help with those travel expenses!
- 22 days holiday with holiday trading