Industrial Placement - Design Assistant
Please only apply for this role if you are a sandwich course student looking for a year-long placement starting summer 2019. Please be aware this role could be in any of our brands.
Who We are
We’re the UK’s largest privately owned fashion retailer with eight major brands: Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Topshop, Topman, Wallis, and Outfit. All our brands share the Arcadia values that make them great places to work. We let people be themselves. We're informal while professional. And we mix fun with business. But our brands all have their own distinct flavours, too. Round here, commercial success starts with people – getting stuck in and working together.
Join us and you won’t be here just to make up the numbers. You’ll take on real responsibility from the word ‘go’. As well as learning on the job, you’ll get the chance to accessorise your style with professional development. We’re home to a range of brands – enough to keep you engaged for your whole career. Most of all, there’s massive scope to shape your role as you progress.
As a key member of the Design team, you will be supporting on a wide range of invaluable tasks. This is a great opportunity for a forward thinking Design student, currently enrolled on a Sandwich Degree Placement course, to gain some hands on experience in a fast paced fashion brand.
Day to Day
- Prepare and burn disks for artworks to send to mills
- Preparation of mood boards
- Organising and researching colour
- Researching key trends and inspirations
- Collating information from Catwalk, High street, & Trend websites
- Assisting Designers with ad hoc projects
- Supporting with daily departmental administration
- Ordering stationery, handling magazine deliveries
- PR Design rep
- Downloading Photo images
- A creative flair and the ability to produce excellent quality artworks
- A strong illustrative hand and an excellent eye for colour matching
- Ability to draw inspiration from vintage and adapt this to commercial designs
- The ability to use Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator is preferred
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to use initiative to formulate new ways of working
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
The Exciting Part
- Early finish Fridays during Summer!
- 25% discount across all our fab 8 brands to shop until you drop
- Stunning London offices with a restaurant, bar and beauty salon to always look and feel your best
- Regular sample sales to refresh your wardrobe at fractional prices
- Fun, inspiring and ambitious colleagues pushing the boundaries across the whole business
- Regular competitions to win amazing prizes
- Events to support our diverse range of charities
- Interest free season ticket loan to help with those travel expenses!
- 22 days holiday with holiday trading