Graduate Facilities Management Consultant
Graduate Facilities Management Consultant - Buildings
If you are looking for a role as a Graduate Facilities Manager wishing to develop your career and you are ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. You will work with industry experts who are leaders in their field and have an enormous breadth of knowledge to share. At Arcadis ongoing professional development and coaching means that you will have the opportunity to participate in programmes designed to help you grow your skill sets and take your career to new heights.
We are seeking to recruit an ambitious Facilities Manager. The role involves providing Facilities Management Consultancy related project management, procurement management, commercial and technical advice on behalf of a portfolio of Corporate Public and Private sector clients principally on PFI/PPP projects in the UK and mainland Europe.
The successful FM graduate will join a Facilities Management Consultancy (FMC) team within the Business Advisory community delivering FM Consultancy advice to public & private sector clients including, Hospital Trusts, Local Authorities, Government Departments, Banks / Funders and Service Provider / Contracting organisations etc.
The role will comprise a combination of FM Consulting service delivery management and supporting sector sales and whilst seen as FM focused will require integration with the broader Business Advisory teams to deliver our propositions.
The Graduate will be responsible for supporting FM consulting commissions reporting to an Associate/ Partner.
Overview of Role:
As a Graduate you would be expected to take responsibility from day one and in some cases be the client’s point of contact for the project.
You will be required to work within a busy team supporting an Associate/Partner in delivering services on a variety of projects.
- Supporting with the management of the PFI/PPP FM related procurement process on behalf of public sector clients.
- Supporting FM Supply Chain Procurement commissions.
- Supporting with the managing of FMC bid teams on behalf of private sector bidders.
- Assisting in the production of business cases
- Supporting Whole Life Cost delivery (modelling and critique of)
- Surveillance of asset and FM performance through the operational phase on behalf of public or private sector clients.
- Supporting FM best value / audit reviews
- Drafting service specifications and advising upon associated performance measures.
- Reviewing commercial and technical FM issues e.g. Payment Mechanisms
- Drafting detailed reports
- Planning and Project Managing FMC commissions
The graduate will support and be supported by a strong team with multi-disciplinary FMC experience when delivering these services. As such, they should possess good inter-personal skills, be able to work individually and as part of a team, and be able to liaise with stakeholders at all levels including Lenders, Authority Directors, lawyers, design team consultants, project managers and contract managers.
- Good understanding of project management
- A strong technical background is essential
- Computer Literate, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project.
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with both internal employees and clients
- Robust opinion former
- Experience and knowledge of the delivery of FM services (we appreciate that practical experience will be limited, full training will be provided)
- Experience of Public Sector clients e.g. Health, Education & LA etc. would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of PFI would be desirable.
- Degree to be in Facilities Management, Business Studies or linked to the Built Environment, however please note that a strong understanding of facilities management is essential.
- An energetic and motivated individual with natural drive to achieve results
- A perceptive individual who, through a natural diplomacy, can influence people in a changing environment
- Commercially aware and financially astute individual who can identify the key issues and set suitable benchmarks
- A clear thinking person demonstrating attention to detail who is well organised and can operate independently under a broad direction.
- A team player who can develop and maintain good relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals
- Ability to form an independent opinion based on information received
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as capable of using initiative
- Ability to write concise reports
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
This role is more than a standard next step. It’s a chance to move into a business where you can go as far as you want. You can explore our world further by visiting our website or talking to us. However, we are keen to know about yours. What ambitions do you hold for the future? What challenges keep you up at night, and put a spring in your step in the morning. Your answers are important to us. We need people who can see the bigger picture. Who can bring their experience to life with spark and imagination, and are passionate about playing their part in our story.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- High APC pass rate
- Private Medical Insurance
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Generous Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!