Graduate Development Manager
Graduate Development Manager
Start your story:
If you are looking for a role as a Graduate Development Manager wishing to develop your career and you are ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. You will work with industry experts who are leaders in their field and have an enormous breadth of knowledge to share. At Arcadis ongoing professional development and coaching means that you will have the opportunity to participate in programmes designed to help you grow your skill sets and take your career to new heights.
We are seeking to recruit an ambitious Graduate Development Manager to support the various teams to work on our design and consultancy projects within the Buildings sector. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows within our business.
Our teams work with clients on their building and real estate portfolios which can vary depending on the type of business they are. This can be the building they use to operate their business (i.e. commercial offices for some of the largest financial institutions globally) or the buildings they are development for investment (i.e. residential developments in a regeneration area of a large urban city). Some of our most prominent clients are:
- Large financial institutions
- Automotives and manufacturing conglomerates
- High End Residential Clients
- Affordable housing residential developers
- Retail banks
- Universities and educational facilities
- Local authorities
Graduate Development Programme
We have a two year development programme for our Graduates, during which time many work towards various accreditation routes which you will be fully supported with. Our Graduate programmes have helped over 300 people through their accreditation exams since 2011.
This roles and the support provided through our Graduate Development Programme will enable you to gain the depth and breadth of experience required for you to achieve your Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) taking the Planning & Development route and become a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- To provide support in the delivery of projects and professional assignments, including financial appraisals and development related activities
- To develop the success of the projects through clear strategy and proactive commitment
- To get involved in feasibility studies and front end project appraisals
- To be able to take a simple brief from a more senior member of staff and act upon it
- Demonstrate effective communication ensuring all information is available for the successful completion of projects
- To ensure that senior management have quality information on the progress of each project on a regular basis
- To represent the company in a professional and diligent manner, meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients forming a strong working relationship in true partnership
- To develop strong working relationships with clients
- To manage the client’s expectations
- Able to communicate progress accurately
- To provide all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- To work effectively in a team environment
- A degree in Estate Management or planning, although other disciplines will be considered
- A clear thinking person demonstrating attention to detail who is well organised and can operate independently under a broad direction
- A team player who can develop and maintain good relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals both within the Company and outside
- A broad thinker who can take a global view and has an inherent ability to ‘get the job done’
- Able to manage own tasks through to conclusion
- Able to maintain total confidentiality at all times
- Entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Strategic thinker
- Leadership skills
- Pro-active approach
- A flexible attitude
- Able to manage priorities
- Ability to conduct research and present evidence appropriate to the commission
- Time management
- Able to work in numerous project teams concurrently
- Integrity and honesty
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Commercially aware and financially astute
- Good personal impact
- Presentable and articulate
- An energetic and motivated individual with natural drive to achieve results
- A perceptive individual who, through a natural diplomacy, can influence people in a changing environment
- Commercially aware and financially astute individual who can identify the key issues and set suitable benchmarks
- A clear thinking person demonstrating attention to detail who is well organised and can operate independently under a broad direction.
- A team player who can develop and maintain good relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals
- Ability to form an independent opinion based on information received
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as capable of using initiative
- Ability to write concise reports
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis Improving quality of life.
This role is more than a standard next step. It’s a chance to move into a business where you can go as far as you want. You can explore our world further by visiting our website or talking to us. However, we are keen to know about yours. What ambitions do you hold for the future? What challenges keep you up at night, and put a spring in your step in the morning. Your answers are important to us. We need people who can see the bigger picture. Who can bring their experience to life with spark and imagination, and are passionate about playing their part in our story.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- High APC pass rate
- Private Medical Insurance
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Generous Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Study leave
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!