Graduate Management Consultant
Graduate Management Consultant – Infrastructure & Buildings
Start your story:
If you are looking for a role as a Graduate Management consultant wishing to develop your career and you are ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. You will work with industry experts who are leaders in their field and have an enormous breadth of knowledge to share. At Arcadis ongoing professional development and coaching means that you will have the opportunity to participate in programmes designed to help you grow your skill sets and take your career to new heights.
We are seeking to recruit ambitious Management Consultants to support the various teams to work on our design and consultancy projects within our Building and Infrastructure sectors. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows within our business.
In our Buildings sector, we work with client on their building and real estate portfolios which can vary depending on the type of business they are. This can be the building they use to operate their business or the buildings they are developing for investment. In this sector, our clients vary from large financial institutions with global real estate portfolios to local authorities with diverse buildings that have many purposes. In our Infrastructure sector we are involved some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We are working closely with our blue chip clients in the Water, Power, Rail, Aviation, Highways, Environmental, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical and Energy sectors delivering their most important projects and sometimes most notable programmes
Overview of Role:
The Graduate Management Consultant position is a key role within Arcadis supporting the development and delivery of best in class built asset consulting solutions across a variety of industries.
A successful candidate will bring a creative and intelligent approach to solution, design and delivery and will be guided through a structured development programme that will install core consulting techniques and tools that can and will be applied whilst working with our blue-chip clients in the UK and Globally.
The role sits within the growing and dynamic Business Transformation team which is dedicated to improving clients performance through the use of clearly defined methodologies and processes, across a variety of sectors and engagements. Whilst working as a Graduate Management Consultant there will be active encouragement to experience the full variety of Service Lines within the Business Transformation team to understand more about what we can offer our client and develop your career.
The role will bring responsibility to the successful candidates from the very beginning with a chance to work directly with clients from your first week, even taking an important role in the project and in some cases being the point of contact for a key stakeholder.
Day to day responsibilities due to the variety of Sectors and Service Lines we operate in and flexible nature of responding to our client’s needs; but a Graduate Management Consultant would typically be expected to:
- Act as a team member projects to support the successful delivery of specific outputs individually or as part of a team.
- Develop a good understanding of client issues so will therefore be able to contribute to all aspects of project delivery.
- Use innovation and creativity to deliver solutions which deliver positive outcomes for clients.
- Manage stakeholders with professionalism and ensure they are managing expectations, building strong working relationships in the process
- Immerse themselves in the extensive learning opportunities from each commission which will contribute to their personal development.
- Contribute to internal, non-client facing activities within Arcadis.
- Identify key sources of knowledge and where to obtain this.
- Reach out for help to make use of other peoples knowledge and networks, learning best practice consulting knowledge and expertise from more senior consultants.
- Support and deliver workshops and internal meetings, all with the support of more experienced consultants where required.
- Take control of their career development, moving up the Arcadis career family is down to personal dedication.
- Acting as a leader within the team where required or within the business as being part of Business Transformation team
- Graduate with at least a 2.1 degree and a track record of excellent academic achievement.
- Potential to be a future business leader.
- Must be highly flexible and able to quickly grasp new ideas and concepts.
- Keen and able to learn quickly.
- Willing to travel and stay away from home when working on client sites.
- An effective team worker with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, excellent at building both internal and client relationships.
- Articulate and confident communicator, effective in verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Can deliver and structure work, with the proven ability to deliver pieces of work from start to finish i.e. problem definition, hypothesis generation data gathering, analysis and findings, solution development.
- Effective research, data gathering, and analysis skills.
- IT competent (including MS Excel).
- Proactive, dedicated and tenacious shown through both academic and further achievement
- Some leadership experience.
- Attention to detail
- Computer Literate, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project.
- An energetic and motivated individual with natural drive to achieve results
- A perceptive individual who, through a natural diplomacy, can influence people in a changing environment
- Commercially aware and financially astute individual who can identify the key issues and set suitable benchmarks
- A clear thinking person demonstrating attention to detail who is well organised and can operate independently under a broad direction.
- A team player who can develop and maintain good relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals
- Ability to form an independent opinion based on information received
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as capable of using initiative
- Ability to write concise reports
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
This role is more than a standard next step. It’s a chance to move into a business where you can go as far as you want. You can explore our world further by visiting our website or talking to us. However, we are keen to know about yours. What ambitions do you hold for the future? What challenges keep you up at night, and put a spring in your step in the morning. Your answers are important to us. We need people who can see the bigger picture. Who can bring their experience to life with spark and imagination, and are passionate about playing their part in our story.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Generous Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!