Nuclear Safety and Risk Consultant Summer Placement - Bristol, Manchester or Cumbria
Start your Story:
If you’re looking for a role as an intern Engineer and wishing to develop your career and you are ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on.
You will work with industry experts who are leaders in their field and have an enormous breadth of knowledge to share. At Arcadis ongoing professional development and coaching means that you will have the opportunity to participate in programmes designed to help you grow your skill sets and take your career to new heights.
Our Nuclear Safety and Risk Consultancy is presently working on some of the largest nuclear projects in the UK, spanning the breath of the nuclear cycle from design, licensing and construction of new nuclear facilities through to care and maintenance, and decommissioning of older facilities. Our work is spread over a number of disciplines including Safety, Human Factors, Environmental, Radiological and Substantiation, and we provide services to nuclear licensees all over the country.
We are committed to the growth of our nuclear business within the Water and Energy sector of our UK operation. Our service delivery in nuclear is technically led, with client account managers and technical leads working in tandem to deliver a valued service to our clients and in parallel support the development of our people. Being the best and enjoying what you do is at the heart of our model. Working from three resource hubs (Bristol, Manchester and Cumbria) aligns our resources to clients, delivers technical excellence, and enables business growth and the advancement of our staff.
As an Intern within the Nuclear S&RM team you’d be assigned a mentor to support you in your role as you integrate into the company and gain a greater understanding of the nuclear industry and the work we do. You’d be involved in a variety of projects working to support more senior members of the team, however we are keen for you to take on as much responsibility for different aspects of your work as you feel comfortable with.
As Arcadis Nuclear S&RM is a consultancy, development of business and project management skills are also essential, and you’d be supported as you learn and develop these skills on the projects you work on.
Prior experience or knowledge of nuclear safety or the related legislation is not essential. We will support you as you learn on the job and gain a much greater understanding of the nuclear industry. You’ll undertake a variety of different tasks, which will vary greatly between disciplines and clients. These include:
- Assisting with the preparation of nuclear safety / radiological protection documentation relating to nuclear facilities and projects;
- Assisting more senior members of the team with liaising with designers, engineers and other specialist disciplines in order to produce adequate safety arguments for nuclear facilities and operations;
- Assisting with project delivery and management aspects such as supporting the writing bids and developing programmes;
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis.
- We’re looking for graduates who have:
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Good IT, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to solve a variety of scientific and technical calculations and apply basic analytical principles;
- Positive attitude, flexibility and adaptability in problem solving approaches;
- Willingness to travel within the UK for meetings.
Qualifications / Experience:
You will have a strong background in engineering, quantitative / nuclear sciences, applied mathematics, physics, chemistry or environmental science. Relevant experience and / or knowledge of the technical areas listed above would be advantageous but not essential.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
This role is more than a standard next step. It’s a chance to move into a business where you can go as far as you want. You can explore our world further by visiting our website or talking to us. However, we are keen to know about yours. What ambitions do you hold for the future? What challenges keep you up at night, and put a spring in your step in the morning. Your answers are important to us. We need people who can see the bigger picture. Who can bring their experience to life with spark and imagination, and are passionate about playing their part in our story.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Chance to be offered a further summer placement/invite to a graduate assessment
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Birthday Vouchers
- Long Term Service Awards
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Opportunities like this are rare. Don’t miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you’re interested in making a move.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!