Graduate Flood Modeller - Cardiff, Bristol, Birmingham, Guildford, Plymouth
If you’re looking for a role as a Graduate Flood Modeller and wishing to develop your career and you are ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. You will work with industry experts who are leaders in their field and have an enormous breadth of knowledge to share. At Arcadis ongoing professional development and coaching means that you will have the opportunity to participate in programmes designed to help you grow your skill sets and take your career to new heights.
Our Water and Utilities team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with the Environment Agency and some of the UK’s most established and recognisable utilities companies, undertaking a vast array of projects to enhance the UK’s water and utility services.
Please put at the top of your CV, which location is your preference.
Graduate Development Programme
We have a two year development programme for our Graduates, during which time many work towards various accreditation routes which you will be fully supported with. Our Graduate programmes have helped over 300 people through their accreditation exams since 2011.
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
- Supporting the development of hydraulic models of river/fluvial environments
- Resolving technical modelling issues
- Assisting the technical review of hydraulic models
- Managing components of projects, taking responsibility for own resource and potentially resource allocation of others, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Providing technical input into flood risk management and water resource projects
- Ensuring compliance with company systems of the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies
- Support in preparation of project proposals / bids / fee estimates
- Building relationships with clients on projects
- Gaining awareness of commercial aspects of projects (contract, budgets invoicing, client management etc.) relating to projects for which you input into
- Liaising with the Project Director or Manager and the client
- Providing input to project team, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing a quality, innovation.
- Assisting and participating in developing yourself and other team members to their full potential
- Gaining experience of and being familiar and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or ARCADIS
Qualifications / Experience:
First degree in an appropriate analytical subject (Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Water Resources, Engineering Hydrology)
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
This role is more than a standard next step. It’s a chance to move into a business where you can go as far as you want. You can explore our world further by visiting our website or talking to us. However, we are keen to know about yours. What ambitions do you hold for the future? What challenges keep you up at night, and put a spring in your step in the morning. Your answers are important to us. We need people who can see the bigger picture. Who can bring their experience to life with spark and imagination, and are passionate about playing their part in our story.
What We Offer:
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Birthday Vouchers
- Long Term Service Awards
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Opportunities like this are rare. Don’t miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you’re interested in making a move.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!