Summer Placement Management Consultant
Start your Story:
You’ll be joining a company that puts people right at the heart of its offer to clients. Arcadis are the leading global design and consultancy firm employing 27,000 people and generating more than €3 billion in revenue every year. Our focus is on bringing together passionate, talented people in high-performing teams to help clients navigate the increasingly complex challenges in the built and natural world.
Overview of role:
Undertaking our Summer Placement Management Consulting programme at Arcadis will provide an opportunity to support the development and delivery of best in class built and natural asset consulting solutions. The role sits within the growing and dynamic Business Advisory team and as an Arcadis Management Consultant, you will be focused on helping our clients solve their most pressing issues and maximise value through improved business performance. A successful candidate will bring a creative and intelligent approach to solution creation, design and delivery. The programme will also enable the candidate to develop core consulting techniques and tools that can be applied whilst working with our UK and global clients. Whilst working as Summer Placement Consultant there will be active encouragement to experience the full variety of Sectors and Service Lines to understand the what we can offer our clients and ensure that you gain a clear understanding of a career in management consulting. Finally, we believe the variety and quality of project work, personal development opportunities and social events will ensure you enjoy your year with us.
The role will bring responsibility to the successful candidates from the very beginning with a chance to work directly with clients from your first week. There are no set day-to-day responsibilities due to the flexible nature of responding to our client’s needs across the variety of Sectors and Service Lines we operate in. However, a good Summer Placement Management Consultant would typically:
- Act as a stream resource on projects to support the successful delivery of specific outputs individually or as part of a team.
- Develop a good understanding of client issues and be able to contribute to all aspects of project delivery.
- Use innovation and creativity to deliver solutions which create positive outcomes for clients.
- Proactively seek personal development opportunities by immersing themselves in the extensive learning opportunities from each commission and internal training resources.
- Contribute to internal, non-client facing activities within the Business Transformation team and throughout Arcadis.
- Identify key sources of knowledge and where to obtain this.
- Develop a professional network throughout the business to utilise the wealth of knowledge, expertise and best practice consulting techniques helping deliver informed solutions to our clients
- Support and deliver workshops/internal meetings to help our community grow and develop.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Studying a BSc Degree
- Potential to be a future business leader.
- Must be highly flexible and able to quickly grasp new ideas and concepts.
- Keen and able to learn quickly.
- Willing to travel and stay away from home when working on client sites.
- An effective team worker with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills excellent at building both internal and client relationships.
- Articulate and confident communicator, effective in verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Can deliver and structure work, with the proven ability to deliver pieces of work from start to finish i.e. problem definition, hypothesis generation data gathering, analysis and findings, solution development.
- Effective research, data gathering, and analysis skills.
- IT competent (including MS Excel).
- Proactive, dedicated and tenacious shown through both academic and further achievement Some leadership experience.
- Attention to detail
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis - Improving quality of life.
This role is more than a standard next step. It’s a chance to move into a business where you can go as far as you want. You can explore our world further by visiting our website or talking to us. However, we are keen to know about yours. What ambitions do you hold for the future? What challenges keep you up at night, and put a spring in your step in the morning. Your answers are important to us. We need people who can see the bigger picture. Who can bring their experience to life with spark and imagination, and are passionate about playing their part in our story.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Opportunity to be invited to a future assessment day upon completion of a Summer Placement
- Sponsorship in final year at University
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Generous Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Study leave
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!