Graduate Engineer Water Treatment - Cardiff, Birmingham, Guildford, Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth
Start your Story:
If your looking for a role as a Graduate Engineer and wishing to develop your career and you are ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. You will work with industry experts who are leaders in their field and have an enormous breadth of knowledge to share. At Arcadis ongoing professional development and coaching means that you will have the opportunity to participate in programmes designed to help you grow your skill sets and take your career to new heights.
Our Water Engineering team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with a number of the larger water companies including Thames Water, Southern Water, Welsh Water, South West Water and Severn Trent Water, undertaking a vast array of projects to enhance the UK’s water supply and wastewater service.
Graduate Development Programme
We have a two year development programme for our Graduates, during which time many work towards various accreditation routes which you will be fully support]ed with. Our Graduate programmes have helped over 300 people through their accreditation exams since 2011.
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
- Performing design activities associated with project delivery (investigation, analysis and design) in line with client and Arcadis specifications, national standards and codes of practice
- Preparing and registering all relevant documentation and design reports and ensuring that all documentation is current, accurate and in compliance with Arcadis requirements
- Maintaining ongoing communication with relevant Project Leaders/Team Leaders, and clients when required, to ensure effective communications on matters relevant to the project
- Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Reviewing completed engineering work to ensure accuracy
- Gaining awareness of ,and familiarity with, the commercial aspects of projects to develop commercial skills
- Acquire knowledge and practical skills to gain Chartership or equivalent
- Developing innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and behaviour
- Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in Civil/Structural/mechanical/electrical Engineering or similar engineering discipline
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
This role is more than a standard next step. It’s a chance to move into a business where you can go as far as you want. You can explore our world further by visiting our website or talking to us. However, we are keen to know about yours. What ambitions do you hold for the future? What challenges keep you up at night, and put a spring in your step in the morning. Your answers are important to us. We need people who can see the bigger picture. Who can bring their experience to life with spark and imagination, and are passionate about playing their part in our story.
What We Offer:
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Opportunities like this are rare. Don’t miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you’re interested in making a move.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!