Role: Software Engineering Graduate
Location: Milton Keynes OR London
The imagining, building, operating and evolving of great technology is the engine of growth for Argos.
Argos Technology is behind the website (900million visits per year), Apps (6million downloads), the supply chain and distribution (same day delivery), we are the engine making everything work; solving problems, building software, fast, with the aim of creating unrivalled user experience. We’re looking for engineers with a strong belief in agile delivery, who believe in fully testable and maintainable code.
We are looking for Graduate Software Engineers with a passion for coding. You need to have a curious mind and always looking for opportunities to improve solutions, process, yourself.
Our Graduate Scheme
- As a fast-growing team, we still have the feel of a start-up. This means you won’t be ‘just another developer’ in a large, impersonal environment. Instead, you’ll have the freedom to contribute and make your ideas happen
- Our scheme means you’ll spend time with different teams depending on your interests – gaining exposure to a variety of technologies
- We work in a fully Agile environment, where collaboration is key. Looking ahead, we anticipate moving to cloud-based development and using DevOps to automate everything
- You’ll work with a truly innovative team of designers, testers and engineers who have changed the way people shop
- More and more of our customers are now shopping with us online. We were the first UK retailer to hit £1bn in sales from mobile devices. So you work will have an impact on millions of customers
Technologies you’ll be using
- Spring Boot
- Docker, Vagrant
- TDD / BDD
- ELK stack
What you’ve learnt so far..
- 2:1 or above in Computer Science or similar field
- Exposure in distributed computing with emphasis on horizontal partitioning
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages
- A range of development techniques including Agile, Kanban.
- Ability to implement designs using modern patterns of software development
- Knowledge of algorithms and complexity theory
- Exposure to cloud computing, stochastic computation or machine learning/AI
What you’ll get in return
- 24 month graduate scheme
- Brand new Mac or Window laptop
- Competitive salary
- Discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat
- 24 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
**We will be holding a webinar in December and an insight event in January please do contact us for more information on how to attend these events.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!