Graduate Software Development Engineer - Milton Keynes
We are The Builders of ArgosTech and we are Building the Future of Retail
We build technologies that customers and colleagues love and other builders respect. But we’re building more than technologies, we’re also building ourselves.
That means we build: our teams; our careers; our own unique ways of working; our relationships with the open source community, researchers, startups and universities; our professional networks; our ways of learning; our ways of innovating; our influence; our leadership skills; and our technical skills. In the end, we expect to build the best place in the world to build the best tech in retail.
To be successful, our graduates are technically and personally well rounded with courses in programming languages, algorithms, networks and databases. They program not because it’s a job but because it’s a passion. They revel in the detail and obsess about quality.
- As a fast-growing team, we still have the feel of a start-up. This means you won’t be ‘just another developer’ in a large, impersonal environment. Instead, you’ll have the freedom to contribute and make your ideas happen.
- Our scheme means you’ll spend time with different teams depending on your interests – gaining exposure to a variety of technologies.
- We are on our agile journey, building new capabilities and transforming our legacy environment and processes.
- We anticipate moving to cloud-based development, to highly algorithmic platforms that leverage state of the art data science and machine learning methodologies.
- You’ll work with a truly innovative team of designers, testers and engineers who have changed the way people shop.
- We were the first UK retailer to hit £1bn in sales from mobile devices. Your code will have an instant impact on millions of customers.
Technologies you’ll be using
- Spring Boot
- Docker, Vagrant
- TDD / BDD
- ELK stack
What we are looking for
- 2:1 or above in Computer Science or similar field
- Exposure in distributed computing with emphasis on horizontal partitioning
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages
- A range of development techniques including Agile, Kanban.
- Ability to implement designs using modern patterns of software development
- Knowledge of algorithms and complexity theory
- Exposure to cloud computing, stochastic computation or machine learning/AI
- Passion for Software Development
What you’ll get in return
- 20 month graduate scheme with rotations
- Brand new Mac or Window laptop
- Competitive salary
- Discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat
- 24 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!