Graduate Infrastructure Advisory
At Arup, we design and deliver groundbreaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we’re a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Our UK based Infrastructure Advisory team undertakes a wide range of work including:
- Asset Management
- Assurance and Regulation
- Energy & Digital
- Performance and Procurement
- Risk and Resilience
- Safety and Sustainability
- Technology and Trials
Infrastructure assets are becoming increasingly complex as the customer users’ needs change, technology advances and legacy assets require complex upgrades and maintenance.
Against this context infrastructure advisory may be described as a collection of high value professional services to help service the complex needs of our clients, and develop innovation solutions to their challenges. Due to our global reach we work across several market sectors including highways, rail, water and energy.
We pride ourselves on multi-disciplinary working, an approach which integrates the many technical abilities of our global organisation. Therefore our staff can find themselves working in partnership with our experts in investment advisory, planning, civil engineering and environmental consulting.
About the role
Right now we’re looking for graduates and post-graduate engineers, economists, scientists, mathematicians or other relevant degrees (including PhDs) to join our team of bright professionals across several of our UK offices. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with team members and clients to successfully deliver projects
- Source, review, research, collate, report, present and analyse information from a variety of sources (including data analytics)
- Develop client solutions on a project by project basis
- Work flexibly and contribute to the work and performance of the team
- Apply appropriate standards and exploit the latest technologies to perform tasks
Projects will be allocated to you on a regular basis for varying lengths of time, working as part of an integrated team. You will have an opportunity to work on projects all over the world, whilst learning from our highly experienced team. You will also have the opportunity to work on traditional design and major projects to provide a well-balanced start to your professional career.
What we look for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the Infrastructure Advisory sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree ideally in engineering, economics, operational research, science, mathematics (or other relevant degrees), with a preference for students on track to achieving a 2.1 or above
- If the degree is in Civil Engineering – then have an ICE accredited course
- Applicants with (or in progress) PhDs considered and encouraged
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Ability to listen and understand the needs of clients
- IT skills
- Be planned and organised in your approach to work and display a tenacity in meeting deadlines
- Enthusiasm for a career in infrastructure advisory, underpinned through a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Be flexible and agile to the needs of the business
- Demonstrate capability and judgement in the performance of tasks
- Display initiative whilst consulting with colleagues when appropriate
- Demonstrate ability to exert influence over situations and resources
- Be dedicated to the delivery of projects, and the development of the team and business as a whole
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects through our Early Development Scholarship (after a qualifying period)
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
The deadline for applications is 31st December 2017. We have vacancies in the following offices – Leeds and Whitehaven.
The Graduate Welcome and Skills Week will take place in September 2018. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!