Graduate Digital Consultant - Data Scientist
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference to the world. Arup Digital combines innovative digital solutions and processes with our domain expertise across the built environment. We provide digital advisory services that focus on working with clients on their digital strategy, design of new services, systems and assets, and helping deliver working solutions along with the development of new analysis tools and other cloud enabled digital services for clients.
Our technology consultants combine leading technical domain and market expertise to offer world-class advisory services and solutions for our clients. Our work extends over a broad range of sectors, ranging from smaller projects to integrated market-led digital solutions that enable us to manage large-scale programmes. We work with our clients to translate how digital technologies can transform their approach by developing strategies, providing valuable insight, designing fit-for-purpose ICT systems and system architectures through to powering enhanced operations.
Our independence allows us to look for the appropriate technology solution based upon our clients’ needs. The global experience we have benefits our clients through cross market and cross country lessons learnt and detailed knowledge of the most challenging problems our clients face. We believe that when harnessed correctly, technology has the power to create smarter approaches to shape a better world.
We are advertising five different roles within the Digital consultancy group. We recommend that you review all five roles to ensure you apply for the one you are best suited to and that you understand the breadth of the work we undertake. In addition to this opening, we are also look for the following:
- Graduate Digital Consultant - Technology & Strategy Consultant
- Graduate Digital Consultant – Graphic Web / UX
- Graduate Digital Consultant – Transport (Rail) Telecoms Systems Designer
- Graduate GIS Specialist
What are we looking for?
A data scientist who has strong technical expertise and a sound understanding of data extraction, transformation, cleansing and analysis; programming; statistics; and distributed (cloud) computing.
You will have the drive to excel in your chosen career and enjoy this challenge and the satisfaction that accompanies success. The role will be to assist the Arup Digital Insight team with an expanding workload and to offer complementary and new skills to growing this area of work.
What will Arup offer you?
The opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced and diverse working environment. Arup searches for the highest calibre recruits and supports and encourages enhancement of skills and career advancement.
The positions will be based in Bristol and London but it is expected that the successful candidates will be willing to travel to other offices (including international locations as required) and work there for short periods.
What will you offer Arup?
You should be an innovative problem solver, someone who thinks ‘outside the box’ and who is able to communicate ideas and solutions. You should have a positive and forward-thinking approach and enjoy working as part of a friendly and supportive team. Workload will be diverse and the ability to multi-task and manage your workload is important.
Data analytics, statistics, big data methodologies and the online use of data is a rapid growth area and we want someone who can help to expand this further through innovative thinking, enthusiasm and vision. You should be keen to learn and develop your skills as you gain experience in new areas of work.
Arup offers its employees opportunities to become involved in activities and areas of work beyond the scope of any job description. You should be a well-rounded person in terms of interests and ambitions as we look forward to you getting involved and becoming fully integrated into the Arup community.
- A first degree and/or an MSc (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operational Research or Statistics is required.
- Other numerate degrees will also be considered
- Experience of programming is essential, preferably in Python or R / R Spatial
- You should have proven academic experience of utilising and deploying data solutions.
In return, we offer the following:
- A competitive salary and a welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad through our unique Early Development Scholarship
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
The Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2018. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!