Graduate Engineer – Building Performance and Systems
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Understanding building performance is increasingly important to our clients. We apply our expertise to help our clients reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions from their buildings while improving the comfort and wellbeing of the building occupants leading to reduced costs and improved productivity.
Our work means that we get involved in a wide range of projects in many sectors including the Queensferry Crossing, The Crick Institute, the Victoria and Albert Museum and The Shard.
As a Graduate Engineer you will join our team of bright professionals. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of Building Performance Practitioners and a global Arup network of experts with similar interests; where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You will have the opportunity to become involved wider areas of our work and be interested in developing associated control system design, levering new and emerging technologies, occupational science, mechanical and/or electrical engineering skills.
What you’ll be doing
In this role, you will undertake both design, evaluation and analysis work with the building performance and building engineering design teams.
You’ll be involved in:
- Conducting building performance evaluation
- Using a variety of analysis tools and techniques
- Site visits
- Writing reports and preparing presentations
- Attending meetings with clients
- Following Arup’s engineering institution accredited graduate training scheme.
What we look for
Graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the industry and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations