Graduate Energy Consultant
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Our multidisciplinary teams focus on designing energy infrastructure, starting at a pre-planning stage moving through procurement to delivery and operation. We seek to integrate technical, commercial, planning and policy expertise to help clients make informed decisions about their energy consumption, carbon management and technology investments.
Our enthusiasm combined with our extensive know-how and knowledge equips us to take energy strategies from concept to realisation. We stay attuned to the specific goals and constraints of each client to achieve tangible value in research, advisory, modelling and design of energy systems, power stations and delivering engineering services for our clients.
We have opportunities for Graduate Energy Consultants to join our teams of bright professionals in several of our UK offices. Arup has an unrivalled community of experts, where you will be supported and mentored in your career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
What you’ll be doing
Our work is grounded in analysis and informed by engineering, economic, policy and governance perspectives.
You’ll be involved in:
- Feasibility studies on technology options including; District heating/cooling, Combined Heat and Power, solar photovoltaic, wind, geothermal, hydrogen, energy storage and biomass
- Assessing carbon reduction benefits of a variety of technology options
- Simulations and data analysis
- Supporting the development of proposals for new commissions
- Participating in the on-going group research activities
What we look for
We are looking for graduates with enthusiasm, curiosity, personal drive, technical know-how and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the Energy Consulting sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we would like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations