Graduate Electrical Engineer - Infrastructure
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Our Electrical Engineers apply their specialist skills to infrastructure projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services in, but not limited to the following industries:
- Water - water and wastewater treatment, pumping stations, reservoirs, water distribution
- Energy - hydro, CHP, waste-to-energy, wind, gas
- Power – HV/LV Transmission and Distribution
- Industrial Clients – steam generation, chemical handling
- Process - food and beverage processing
- Rail – electrical infrastructure, power, telecommunications
Our clients include water companies, energy generators, energy infrastructure owners, rail infrastructure owners, Government agencies and councils, process industries and renewable energy investors.
Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts in the following fields: Mechanical Engineers, Process Scientists, Civil and Structural Engineers, Environmental Consultants, Project Managers. Geotechnical Engineers and Planners.
What you’ll be doing
You will join our Rail, Water, and Energy Industry and Resources teams across the UK and will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification with the IET, whilst maintaining control and drive of your own career.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Designing calculations
- Technical advice to clients
- Developing control philosophies
- Client and/or contractor liaison
- Technical report writing
- Site visits and asset condition assessments
- Witnessing Factory and Site Acceptance Tests
- Support through the construction phase of a project
- Collaborating with team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients
What we look for
We encourage our Graduate Electrical Engineers to demonstrate drive and motivation, a willingness to learn about our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations