Graduate Climate Change Consultant
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Our Energy, Climate Change and Cities Consulting team in London is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, policy experts and environmental scientists who focus on the challenges and opportunities of energy, climate change and cities.
The diverse nature of the work we do means that you will be working for a variety of clients, on projects across a wide range of markets, including the C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group, 100 Resilient Cities – pioneered by The Rockefeller Foundation and individual city governments, among others.
Our work is grounded in rigorous analysis and informed by engineering, commercial, policy and governance perspectives.
We have an opportunity for a graduate consultant with training in climate science, urban sustainability and/or climate policy to join our team of bright professionals.
From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of multidisciplinary experts, where you will be supported and mentored in your career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You will work on a variety of projects ranging from detailed research studies to strategic planning and policy advice for city governments and other organisations.
What you’ll be doing
As a Climate Change and Cities Graduate, you will have an opportunity to broaden your knowledge and skills across a wide group of disciplines, including low carbon energy strategy and the application of data modelling and programming.
You will be involved in:
- Analysing and interpretation climate and emissions data to inform robust policy and strategy proposals
- Researching and analysing low carbon and climate resilient solutions for cities
- Coordinating work with engineers, economists and other specialists
- Contributing to project delivery and design advice supporting senior colleagues
What we look for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations