Graduate Chemical Engineer
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
With a multi-disciplined team, Arup is able to offer a process engineering orientated approach to cost-effective water & wastewater treatment across water and other industrial sectors such as waste, energy and nuclear.
Through the development of close partnerships with key clients, Arup provides a professional and highly skilled team of process engineers and technologists, to carry out innovative designs, and cost value engineering. We have a strong safety culture and part of your work will involve process related safety reviews and attendance at HAZOP studies.
Arup’s long-established practice of holistic working creates truly integrated teams that produce better solutions together.
What you’ll be doing
From your first day, you’ll join a team of bright professionals across several UK locations and community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Delivering effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients
- Preparing designs and carrying out studies in coordination with local and international teams as well as external clients for projects across a wide range of markets.
- Carrying out presentations to clients and other team members along with the maintenance of technical governance.
You will develop experience, skills and knowledge in the role of a consultant design engineer, through design work, analytical assessment using software programmes and visiting sites to see the work undertaken. At the same time, you will be working towards the goal of becoming a Chartered Engineer through our accredited training scheme.
What we look for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the Process Engineering sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our location