Graduate Access Consultant
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Designing inclusively provides buildings and landscapes that are accessible to all users and maximises freedom for disabled people. Our Accessible Environments team works with clients to incorporate inclusive design into their schemes by providing best practice guidance and practical solutions.
As a Graduate Access Consultant, you will join our existing Accessible Environments team for this unique multi-disciplinary practice.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills. You will initially shadow the team to learn the skills necessary to become an Access Consultant, with a mixture of work experience, research and through your attendance of courses and conferences.
What you’ll be doing
Working with our senior consultants, this is an excellent opportunity to learn about inclusive design, develop skills and subsequently work on your own projects.
You’ll be involved in:
- Assessing design proposals and communicating findings to the project team (verbal, written / markups)
- Assessing existing buildings and/or procedures and recommending remedial works
- Assisting the production of project related correspondence and reports
- Supporting competitions and bids to tender for new work
What we look for
We're looking for graduates who are passionate about accessibility and inclusive design in the built environment, with excellent planning and organisation skills. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the social impacts of inclusive design, and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations