Graduate Vertical Transportation Engineer – Buildings - London
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Around the globe, Arup’s vertical transportation engineers bring specialist expertise to solutions for buildings and transport infrastructure.
Our comprehensive services include vertical transportation engineering design for both new and refurbished buildings; we are also involved in condition surveys of existing lifts and escalators.
Graduates will be working in a multi-disciplinary office, preparing designs in coordination with their team as well as external architects, surveyors, contractors and clients for projects across a wide range of markets.
You will gain a thorough understanding of the role of a design engineer, experience the use of software design programmes and visit sites to see the work undertaken while at the same time working towards the goal of becoming a Chartered Engineer.
What you’ll be doing
In this role, you will be involved from an early stage in the preparation of reports and attending meetings with members of the design and construction teams.
You will be involved in:
- Supporting team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients
- Performing traffic analysis simulations using industry standard software to determine the lift requirements
- Creating lift drawings using cad software, lift schedules and presentations
- Attending meetings and coordinate with the design team
- Be involved in all design stages, from competitions and concept design to tender documentation through to completion on site
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations