Graduate Tunnelling Engineer
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Arup is at the forefront of complex underground spaces – from subway systems that take cars off the street to underground strategies for moving people, freight and the vital power and water utilities needed to keep modern and developing societies functioning. Based on a strong core team of tunnel design engineers, we draw on the capabilities of a wide array of allied disciplines embracing all that is best in truly multidisciplinary design.
Our tunnel projects extend from inception to detailed design, operation to inspection and beyond. This total design approach, using committed engineers working closely together, has produced exciting and innovative answers to some of the world's largest and most complex tunnel projects.
We implement projects of real value to our clients, in our London office alone we have recently completed the detailed design of all bored tunnels for the Crossrail project, are carrying out independent technical checking contracts for all three Thames Tideway contracts and have been selected as the contractor’s designer for High Speed 2 Southern Tunnels. Our work is exemplified by recent NCE Tunnelling awards, including Tunnel Project of the Year 2015 & Tunnel Design Firm of the Year 2012.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll join our team of professionals in our London office and community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification. You would work in our dedicated tunnelling team within the larger Major Civil Engineering Group (Civil Structures, Bridges and Tunnels).
Key responsibilities may include:
- Delivering effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients
- Collaborating with dedicated tunnelling teams within the larger Major Civil Engineering Group (Civil Structures, Bridges and Tunnels)
What we look for
We are looking for graduates with technical ability, curiosity and personal drive. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of the Tunnelling sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we would like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations