Graduate Mechanical Engineer - Infrastructure
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Due to continued growth in our businesses, our teams are looking to recruit a number of Graduate Mechanical Engineers into our Infrastructure Group across the UK.
Our Mechanical Engineers apply their specialist skills to infrastructure projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services in, but not limited to the following industries:
- Water - water and wastewater treatment, pumping stations, reservoirs, water distribution
- Energy - hydro, CHP, waste-to-energy, wind, gas
- Industrial Clients – Steam generation, chemical handling
- Process - food and beverage processing
- Rail – infrastructure, power, telecommunications
Our clients include water companies, energy generators, energy infrastructure owners, rail infrastructure owners, manufacturers, Government agencies and councils, process industries and investment companies.
Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts in the following fields: Electrical Engineers, Process Scientists, Civil and Structural Engineers, Environmental Consultants, Project Managers, Geotechnical Engineers and Planners.
What you’ll be doing
You will join our team of bright professionals across several of our UK offices. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills. You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification with the IMechE, whilst maintaining control and drive of your own career.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Design calculations
- Technical advice to clients
- Developing control philosophies
- Technical report writing
- Site visits and asset condition assessments
- Collaborating with team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients
What we look for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations