Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Arup provides cost management and quantity surveying (QS) services on a vast range of construction projects, including buildings, civil engineering, industrial, infrastructure and major highways projects.
The firm's QS specialists are an integral part of the design and project management team on projects of all sizes and levels of complexity. They contribute to projects with in-depth knowledge of built environment design and the concerns of designers and clients. They share the firm's commitment to sustainable development, project performance and life-cycle analysis.
Cost planning and value management include the evaluation of alternative design against the client’s value criteria for function, quality and durability. The evaluation techniques enable the design team to optimise the design to fit within the client's budget.
Graduates will be working in multi-disciplinary teams and external clients for projects across a wide range of markets. With the support and guidance of the existing team, graduates will gain a thorough understanding of the role of quantity surveyor whilst working towards the goal of a professional qualification.
From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Supporting senior team members in delivering construction projects and consultancy assignments
- Communicating and working proactively with the direct team as well as internal/external clients
- Taking and understand a brief, and follow instructions and/or use own initiative to achieve designated tasks in a timely manner
- Understanding the required outputs/deliverables of a project or assignment, and work efficiently to deliver them
- Developing relationships with clients, always being professional, presentable and articulate
- Adopt a flexible approach to working, supporting multiple teams across the buildings and infrastructure sectors
What we look for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the Quantity Surveying sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations