Graduate Digital Consultant – Infrastructure Designer
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
About the role
Arup's Advanced Digital Engineering group comprises over 300 advanced engineering, digital and project consultants, bringing together a seamless combination of digital and data-related capabilities with Arup's traditional engineering and design strengths. We use this to solve our clients most complex challenges and help them respond effectively to the fast-changing digital world. We combine advanced digital expertise in data, models, analytics, and user centred design, with world-class specialist engineering skills such as advanced dynamics, vibration and wind engineering, as well as digital advisory services, mobility consulting and digital product design and delivery.
What you’ll be doing
As a Graduate ICT Infrastructure Designer, you will work on the design and specification of ICT systems and services for the built environment. This role will also include ICT space planning, ICT appraisal and overseeing the installation and bringing into service of ICT which will typically include:
- Physical Infrastructure (e.g. ICT rooms, routes and risers) and Cabling (e.g. copper and fibre)
- Local Area Networks (LANs)
- Wireless LANs
- Telephony Systems
- Television Distribution Systems (Terrestrial, Satellite and IP)
- Private Mobile Radio Systems
- Cellular Enhancement Systems e.g. DAS and Small Cells
- Audio Visual Systems
- Large Screen Displays
We work across a number of sectors including transport, government, sport, property and energy.
What we look for
You should be an innovative problem solver, someone who thinks ‘outside the box' and who is able to communicate ideas and solutions. You should have a positive and forward-thinking approach and enjoy working as part of a friendly and supportive team. Projects will be diverse and the ability to multi-task and manage your workload is important. You should be keen to learn and develop your skills as you gain experience in new areas of work.
Arup offers its employees opportunities to become involved in activities and areas of work beyond the scope of any job description. You should be a well-rounded person in terms of interests and ambitions as we look forward to you getting involved and becoming fully integrated into the Arup community.
- A degree in a relevant subject such as Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science/IT or Systems Engineering is essential. Strong results in relevant modules (2:1 or higher).
- Industry recognised qualifications such a CCNA/CWNA or equivalent is desirable, but not essential.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numerical skills
- CAD, BIM, Revit skills (desirable)
- Knowledge of RF propagation tools and techniques (desirable)
What we offer
The opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced and diverse working environment. Arup searches for the highest calibre recruits and supports and encourages enhancement of skills and career advancement. There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including a competitive salary and welcome bonus, profit share scheme, a flexible benefits fund and generous pension.
Please note that we are able to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role.