Graduate Urban Designer - UK Wide
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Arup's Integrated City Planning / Placemaking Team delivers an integrated approach and sustainable solutions to the design of cities and complex urban environments. We are a team of landscape architects, urban designers, architects, planners and sustainability experts based throughout the UK working on a variety of local, national and international projects. We are differentiated from our competitors by our ability to combine skills to solve particularly complex or unusual problems and help our clients to create an integrated vision with a full commitment to develop successful and sustainable urban places.
As urban designers we work on a range of district, city and regional scale projects in the UK and overseas, moving between strategic and conceptual ideas to typology and streetscape detail. We work in small, design-led project teams in collaboration with multidisciplinary colleagues.
What you’ll be doing
You will play a design role and have the opportunity to contribute to the development of exciting urban projects in the UK and potentially overseas including new towns, sports legacy masterplans, university and innovation districts, and city regeneration strategies.
What we look for
We’re looking for graduates with passion for design, curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the architecture and urban design industry and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.