Water, Ground and Environment (Ground Engineering) - Graduate Development Programme 2017
We think ground engineering is one of the most exciting civil and environmental engineering fields around. Our award-winning Water, Ground and Environment team is looking to take on graduates in engineering geology, geotechnical engineering, dams and tunnel engineering.
Who we are
One of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, we deliver innovative solutions to some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Join us and you’ll take on real-life problems from day one and help to make the world a better place – today and tomorrow.
In ground engineering, we help to design, build and repair all kinds of infrastructure from dams and mass transit systems to transport and utility infrastructure. Together we share knowledge and create a better, more sustainable future for all by safeguarding our natural resources. At Atkins we offer a world of opportunities from the projects you’ll work on, to the directions you can take your career in.
What you’ll be doing
Our industry leading WG&E Academy is the ideal place to start your career. At its heart, being in the academy will mean you are part of a dynamic technical community with access to the latest thinking and developments in your field. As well as structured training that’s designed with you in mind, we’ll support you and help you achieve Chartered status.
As part of our ground engineering team, you’ll get involved with such activities as:
- WG&E Academy events, field trips and conferences where you’ll get a real insight into all kinds of different projects
- Joining our teams in design offices and out on site to experience new things and put your in-house and external training into action
- Geotechnical and geohazard investigations and ground characterisation
- Geotechnical analysis and numerical modelling
- Geotechnical and tunnel design including tunnelling, substructures, tunnel ventilation and fire life safety.
Who we’re looking for
- Talented graduates with a 2.1 degree or above in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or equivalent - accredited by the appropriate institution
- Ideally a specialist Masters in Soil Mechanics, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Tunnel Engineering or a related subject
- Confident working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams
- A good communicator who can collaborate with a variety of colleagues and become a trusted client adviser
- Someone who can analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions in a competitive and commercial environment
- Keen attention to detail and the drive to keep on learning.
Where you could be
You could join our ground engineering team in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Derby, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Epsom, Leeds, London, Swansea or Warrington.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st December 2016. NB: Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment please make your application as soon as possible.
Assessment centre dates; Taking place from December 2016 through to February 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!