Transportation - Graduate Development Programme 2017
Who we are
As transport infrastructure experiences unprecedented investment, we’re building the sustainable, integrated transport network of the future. From high-speed rail and city metros to driverless cars, we deliver solutions that keep the world moving.
Join our transportation team and you’ll help us to take on technically challenging engineering projects from HS2 to smart motorway schemes. You'll develop industry skills that are highly sought after and learn to become a future business leader.
What you’ll be doing
Civils & Structures (including bridge design)
- Scotland & NI - Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow
- North – Manchester, Stockton, Warrington, York
- Midlands – Birmingham, Cambridge, Derby
- South East – Chelmsford, Croydon, Epsom
- South West – Bristol, Cardiff, Swindon, Swansea
This is an inspiring place to be. We design new bridges and look after highways engineering, permanent way alignment and the civil engineering aspects of rail networks. Managing every stage of projects from feasibility to detailed design, we can offer you the opportunity to work across different disciplines and make a difference on a variety of projects around the world. We’re looking for talented graduates with a BEng (2.1 or above) or MEng (2.2 or above) in Civil and/or Structural Engineering.
Join us and you’ll:
- Develop your skills working on a variety of rail and highways projects, providing technical solutions
- Become familiar with infrastructure terms and processes, across a wide range of disciplines
- Prepare and check project designs, drawings, assessment calculations, reports and contract documents
- Become a trusted adviser to our clients, working collaboratively with suppliers, contractors, the public and multidisciplinary teams.
- Northern Ireland - Belfast
- North – Leeds, Manchester
- Midlands – Birmingham, Derby
- South East – Cambridge, Epsom, London
- South West– Bristol, Cardiff, Plymouth
We look at things from every angle to deliver the best solutions, providing consultancy services and strategic advice from transport planning to rail fleet. Put simply, we help our customers develop strategic plans, policy frameworks and integrated regional and national strategies. You could find yourself:
- Supporting transport planning projects from forecasting and appraisal, to gathering and analysing data for local modelling studies
- Producing maps, diagrams and highway/public transport models using GIS and different software packages
- Supporting the development of asset management policies, assessing and managing the risks of asset performance
- Developing an understanding of the costs and benefits of transport schemes and supporting the development of business cases for scheme funding
You should have a bachelors (2.1 or above) or masters (2.2 or above) in:
- Engineering – Civil, Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic, Telecommunications, Systems
- Planning – Transport Planning, Urban Planning or Town Planning
- Sciences, Maths and others – Physics, Computer Science, IT, Geography, Maths, Environmental Science, Economics and GIS
- English and Politics
Scotland - Glasgow
Midlands and North East – Birmingham, Derby, Manchester, York
South West – Swindon
South East – Croydon, Epsom, London
Our ideas enrich millions of lives by making journeys faster and smoother. We electrify rail lines, design new communications systems and improve railway signals. We also apply new technologies to intelligent transport systems and external lighting design projects.
You are required to have a bachelors (2.1 or above) or masters (2.2 or above) in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering, Physics, Power Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
Transportation – Business Development/Marketing
Birmingham, London, Manchester or Warrington
Our transportation business development team brings together business development and bidding professionals, as well as the media/PR, internal communications and marketing team, to provide expert support to our markets in driving sales. You'll be involved with:
The management, organisation and maintenance of key marketing materials
Assisting bid managers in preparing submissions, working with resources across the business
Supporting the Win Work Team in monitoring and maintaining the pipeline in order to track long term business opportunities
You are required to have a bachelors (2.1 or above) or masters (2.2 or above) in Business or Marketing (or similar).
Who we’re looking for (all roles)
- Drive and determination to achieve Chartered Status
- Confident working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams
- A good communicator who can analyse problems, create innovative solutions and manage your time effectively
- A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad
- Prepared to undergo a medical assessment, as some roles may involve working out on site.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st December 2016
Whilst we are recruiting for our 2017 graduate programme, we would also welcome applications from candidates who are also available to start immediately.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!