Water, Ground and Environment - Summer and Industrial Year Placements 2017
Water Ground and Environment (Environment, Science and Urban Design) Summer and Year in Industry placements 2017
Our solutions enrich people’s lives. We create dams, provide clean water, transform cities and protect homes from flooding. Together we share knowledge and create a better, more sustainable future for all. We’re looking to develop the skills of the industry experts of the future and we’ve designed our Summer Placement and Year in Industry opportunities to provide you with unique experiences as you play your part in all kinds of challenging projects.
Who we are
One of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, we’re driven to ask ‘why’ and make the world a better place – today and tomorrow. Our specialisms include geo-environmental engineering, contaminated land, waste management, air quality, environmental impact assessments and urban design. You’ll help us deliver innovative solutions to some of the biggest environmental challenges of our time.
What we can offer you
- Industrial Year Placements are being offered in Epsom, Oxford, Peterborough.
- Both Industrial Year and Summer placements are offered in Warrington.
- Derby is offering Summer Placements only.
- Industrial Year Placement commence from May/June 2017 onwards.
- Summer placements commence from May/June 2017 for 12 weeks.
Who we’re looking for
- Talented students striving towards a 2.1 degree or above in degree discipline in Environmental Science, Civil Engineering, Environment Engineering, and Mathematics. Other water related disciplines shall be considered.
- Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- Excellent communicator who shall enjoy working as part of multidisciplinary teams
- Ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills
- Epsom, Oxford, Peterborough: Industrial Year Placement
- Warrington: Industrial Year and Summer Placement
- Derby offices: Summer placement
What you’ll be doing
You shall gain experience in our Water resource and Water quality team. The technical focus of this team is water resource planning and integrated water management. We work with water companies on all aspects of their plans, including water demand, forecasting, resource options appraisal and investment modelling. When you join you will be given the support required to produce technical work, as directed by your Practice Manager and/or your Line Manager/Mentor.
Our intention is to close this vacancy by December 2016. Some of our programs are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment please make your application as soon as possible.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!