Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) - Summer and Industrial Year Placements 2017
Our ADS&T team works on all kinds of leading-edge projects from submarines to aircraft to GIS.
Who we are
Our clients across the aerospace, defence and security sectors represent some of the biggest names in the UK’s fastest moving industries.
Each of them faces a challenging future with potential disruption, threats and opportunities resulting from the convergence of the physical and digital worlds.
By joining our team, you’ll have the chance to work across mission critical industries, to contribute to the security and resilience of our nation, or to exploit advanced technology in order to help our clients to not only meet, but embrace these exciting challenges.
What we can offer you
We are offering Summer Placement and Industrial Year opportunities in Bristol and Aldershot.
Industrial Year Placements commence from May/June 2017 onwards.
We accept applications from students who are studying a wide range of disciplines and are on track to achieve a 2.1 or above at bachelors or masters level.
Where you could be
Please take into careful consideration when selecting your location preference as not all disciplines are available in all locations, please check you are selecting the correct location for your discipline.
Join us in one of these locations.
Aldershot: We are recruiting in our Systems and Software team for Industrial Year and Summer Placement students in the following degree disciplines:
Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, IT.
Bristol: We are recruiting in our Geomatics team for Summer Placement students in the following degree disciplines:
Geomatics, Surveying and Land/Environment Management and Photogrammetry.
We are recruiting for Industrial Year Placement students in the following areas and degree disciplines:
- Systems Engineering team - Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Control & Systems Engineering, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Chemical Engineering.
- Decision Support/Operational Analysis - Economics, Maths, Operational Research, Physics, Psychology, Statistics.
- Advanced Engineering Team – Aerospace, Mechanical, Physics, Chemistry, General Engineering, and Aeronautical.
What you’ll be doing
Working alongside an experienced team, you shall gain an invaluable insight into the work we carry out. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, and contribute to their success.
Who we’re looking for
- Persons working towards a predicted 2:1 or above (Masters/Bachelors) in any of the disciplines highlighted above.
- Proactive and confident working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- A good communicator who can collaborate with a variety of colleagues.
- A lateral thinker who can apply technical knowledge to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions and isn’t afraid to push boundaries.
- Not afraid to show initiative or ask for guidance when you need it, you must be customer focused and commercially aware with a strong attention to detail.
Our intention is to close this vacancy by December 2016. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment please make your application as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!