Transportation - Intelligent Mobility Graduate Scheme (2018)
What is Intelligent Mobility?
When you join our Intelligent Mobility team as a graduate you’ll become a key player in transforming the future of transport. We work with emerging technologies to push the boundaries of transportation and we’ll make sure that you get involved with all kinds of innovative projects from smart cities and driverless cars to data exploitation, journey management, roads of the future and mobility as a service. We’re the sort of people who look at things very differently to connect people and places in exciting new ways. Providing simple solutions to complex problems, it’s an exciting journey and you can play a lead role.
So what makes us different.
Getting out and about - Everyone within the practice gets the opportunity to attend conferences and public events. These are great to build your profile and get to understand what our clients are really thinking.
Trialing new technologies in real-life
We aren't just talking about what the future of travel might look like - we are working with industry partners and universities on proof of concept designs. You might have heard of projects called Flourish and Venturer - these are real examples of putting early design driverless cars to the test and tackling the real questions around public acceptance, safety, insurance and end-user experience.
Not one size fits all
We have a growing range of clients, which means so is the capability we are looking to offer them. So we know that we need a variety of people with different backgrounds to fit into this. We aren't selective about one particular degree type. We believe that diversity is the key to success and makes us stand out from the crowd.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join our dynamic team, to play a role in building and executing our plan for shaping the future. As part of an expanding team you will be contributing to value proposition and bid development, taking a pro-active role in project delivery and developing your own technical capabilities across the growing landscape of Intelligent Mobility.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with the IM team to develop our technical offerings and capabilities for IM-related services and solutions
- Supporting client engagement on new and disruptive technologies, such as cloud based technologies, intelligent infrastructure, new integrated operational platforms, data exploitation and modelling, and multi-modal journey planning
- Contributing to new value propositions and testing existing propositions
- Growing skills in IM technical or project management delivery roles, working with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a project to time and budget
- Taking responsibility for IM specific activities and the delivery of IM-specific assignments
Who we’re looking for
You’ll be a talented graduate with a bachelor’s (2.1 or above) or masters (2.2 or above) across a wide variety of degree disciplines. We are particularly interested if you have a degree in Engineering, Maths, Economics, Geography, Technology, Physics, Chemistry, Social Sciences or Computer science.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate many of the following:
- A curious interest in the technology and applications of intelligent mobility
- Keen to develop knowledge and experience in intelligent mobility
- Willingness with supervision to help contribute to drafting technical reports
Winning Work/ Commercial:
- Willingness to learn about how we bid for work and provide key inputs into this;
- Basic understanding of link between delivering projects, revenue and profit
- Keen to develop commercial knowledge - cost models, budgets, pricing strategy
- A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad
- Demonstrates innovation in how they work
- A natural team player, takes a proactive role in team work
- Strong communicator with good presentation skills
- A driven, goal-oriented individual
- Manage your time effectively - Able to manage priorities in a high-pressure environment
Rewards & Benefits
Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. Some of our benefits, to name a few, include;
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join – paid within your first month salary
- Continuous support and mentoring to achieve chartered status with your chosen institution, funded by Atkins. With a chartership bonus of £2,500 once obtained
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days leave per year
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you
- Local graduate forums & a strong graduate network across all locations
- Annual events, such as our 2-day graduate induction, ski trips, away weekends, team building activities
For further details please visit the rewards and benefits page on our website.
How to apply
Our deadline for applications is Monday 18th December 2017. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
For further details on our recruitment process please visit the how to apply page on our website.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!