Infrastructure - Building Services, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Graduate Scheme (2018)
As a Graduate Electrical, Building Services or Mechanical engineer, you’ll get to see your ideas put into place on the design and engineering projects that keep the world turning. We’re all about making spaces and places work perfectly for people.
Whether it’s an airport, a transport interchange, a university campus, a nuclear power station or the world’s first tidal lagoon, you’ll help us to deliver outstanding projects that respond to the needs and resources of a contemporary world. Whatever your ambitions we’ve a role to match your passion and degree, while our training will help you achieve Chartered status and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
Join us in our vision to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, working with a broad range of clients to influence policy, future technology and global sustainability.
What you’ll be doing
As a graduate, you’ll be joining one of the following teams:
Our Building Services team provides technically excellent engineering solutions in the built environment. Our capabilities include Electrical and Mechanical engineering, Public Health, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Sustainability, Fire and Security, Building Management Systems and IT and Vertical Transportation. With a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in building services, electrical or mechanical engineering, you’ll develop your skills working on different building and infrastructure projects. Collaborating with a diverse range of people, you’ll carry out building services system inspections and heating ventilation and air conditioning design (HVAC). You’ll also prepare a variety of reports, contract documents and project designs, assessment calculations and drawings.
Our engineering technology team specialises in advanced computer-based structural and dynamic analysis using finite element analysis software to predict the behaviour of civil, structural and mechanical hardware. With a Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, you’ll get involved in a variety of fields from structural dynamics and seismic engineering to stress, thermal and fatigue analysis.
Mechanical, Electrical & Process Engineering (MEP)
Our MEP team provides mechanical, electrical, ICA (instrumentation, control and automation) and process engineering skills and expertise to water companies in the UK and overseas, supporting their capital (both new build and refurbishment) and operational (problem solving on existing sites) projects and programmes. With a Master’s degree in electrical engineering you’ll get the opportunity to develop your capability in a wide range of exciting projects including; water and wastewater treatment, sludge treatment, pumping stations, pipelines, electrical control systems, cooling water systems and computer aided design (CAD). Water, both clean and dirty, is a critical resource needing careful management and you could play a key part in this!
Where you’ll be based
Atkins Infrastructure have teams based across the UK:
- Building Services - Bristol, Epsom, London, Warrington (please note we are only seeking electrical graduates for our Warrington office)
- Engineering Technology - Epsom (Mechanical Engineering graduates only)
- MEP - Bristol, Warrington (Electrical Engineering graduates only)
Who we’re looking for
- Talented graduates with/expecting a 2.2 or above MEng/MSc degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject. Please note, we will also consider graduates with/expecting a 2.1 or above BEng/BSc in electrical and building services engineering disciplines
- Good written standard of English and oral communication abilities
- Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- Experience or an interest in developing the application of computer programming and other digital solutions to engineering problems
- Ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills and achieve Chartered status
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad
- Ideally some design or site experience gained on a work placement.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for further information.
How to apply
Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible. Please refer to our website for further information on our recruitment process.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!