Infrastructure - Environment Graduate Scheme (2018)
We deliver innovative solutions to some of the biggest environmental challenges of our time. So, we’re looking to develop the skills of the industry experts of the future. Our specialisms include geo-environmental engineering, contaminated land, waste management, air quality, environmental impact assessments and urban design. This means varied careers for our environmental scientists, ecologists, hydrogeologists and acousticians.
We offer a world of opportunities from the projects you’ll work on to the directions you can take your career in. Whatever your ambitions, we’ve a role to match your passion and degree.
What you’ll be doing
Our industry leading Infrastructure Academy is the ideal place to start your career. At its heart, being in the academy will mean you are part of a dynamic technical community with access to the latest thinking and developments in your field. As well as structured training that’s designed with you in mind, we’ll support you and help you achieve your professional accreditation.
Learning to become a future business leader, you’ll get involved with activities in one of these specialist teams:
- Planning and Environmental Consenting (Bristol, Epsom, Warrington)
- Through the successful delivery of planning and environmental consents we help our clients make the right decisions in a complex and fast-paced world in order to realise the value in their assets. Our expertise in policy, regulation and delivery allows us to influence regulators and decision makers, ensuring that we deliver sustainable and positive client outcomes across markets both in the UK and overseas. Here you’ll make a big impact across a range of services including; planning; development consent orders, economics, environmental impact assessment, stakeholder engagement, environmental management, environmental permitting, heritage, carbon and sustainability and waste and resource management. Your ideas and knowledge will help our customers to make the most of their assets and minimise their environmental impact.
Contaminated Land & Hydrogeology (Birmingham, Epsom, Warrington)
The Contaminated Land and Hydrogeology Practice is a well-established multi-disciplinary environmental and engineering practice with an extensive portfolio of projects. We have a number of national frameworks and have considerable experience working with numerous local authorities on due diligence and peer review projects and private clients/developers on the investigation, assessment, remediation and redevelopment of brownfield land. We are looking for highly motivated graduates to work on risk assessments, brownfield land regeneration, regulatory engagement, project management and to help deliver the high standard of geo-environmental consultancy services for which we are renowned.
Ecology (Birmingham, Bristol, London)
Our award-winning ecology experts combine technical excellence with a pragmatic approach. Biodiversity and our clients benefit from our innovations. Our clients, both in the UK and worldwide, include national and local governments, leading developers, transport, energy and water providers and international funding agencies. The dynamic and influential relationship between our ecology team and our engineering, planning and design colleagues combined with the support of our unique in-house Academy system provide exceptional opportunities for graduate ecologists to develop both their technical and commercial skills.
Acoustics, Air and Emissions (Epsom)
We do more than simply advise clients on the potential effects on acoustics, air quality or emissions from new development. We analyse complex agile data, helping clients understand options in an evolving space. We help clients meet challenging regulatory conditions, trial new methodologies for government agencies and train clients’ staff/suppliers. We approach challenges at a range of spatial scales, from large industrial cities and nationally significant infrastructure projects through to individual facilities or residential developments and road junctions. Working as a Graduate Acoustician you will work on a range of activities including; undertaking acoustic assessments and surveys for exciting infrastructure projects in the UK and overseas, meeting stakeholders and delivering technical reports.
Where you’ll be based
- Planning and Environmental Consenting – Bristol, Epsom, Warrington
- Contaminated Land & Hydrogeology (CLAH) – Birmingham, Epsom, Warrington. Please note opportunities for Hydrogeologists will be available in Birmingham only
- Ecology - Birmingham, Bristol, London
- Acoustics, Air and Emissions - Epsom
Who we’re looking for
- Talented graduates with a 2.1 degree or above in environmental science, ecology, hydrology, geology, hydrogeology, acoustics or a relevant scientific or design discipline
- Confident working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams
- A good communicator who can collaborate with a variety of colleagues and become a trusted customer adviser
- Someone who can analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions in a competitive and commercial environment
- Keen attention to detail and the drive to keep on learning
- Hydrogeologists will also benefit from a relevant MSc or PhD and skills in computer programming, groundwater and surface water modelling.
Rewards and Benefits
If you join us you will be working on some of the most challenging engineering projects of our time, helping to shape the future of Infrastructure. You will have opportunities to work closely with clients, spending time within their organisations and taking learning from some of the most experienced engineers in the industry. Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. Some of our benefits, to name a few, include:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join – paid within the first month
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days per year
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you
- Assigned graduate buddy upon joining and a strong graduate network across all locations
- Various annual events, such as our 2-day graduate induction, ski trips, away weekends and team building activities.
For a full list of our benefits, please refer to our website.
How to apply
Our deadline for applications is Monday 18th December 2017. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible. For further details on our recruitment process please refer to our website.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!