Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology - Advanced Engineering Year in Industry Placement Scheme (2018)
Who we are
Our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) team works on all kinds of ground breaking projects from submarines to aircraft to Cyber Security.
Our clients across the ADS&T sectors represent some of the biggest names in the UK’s fastest moving industries. Each of them faces an exciting future with potential disruption, threats and opportunities resulting from the convergence of the physical and digital worlds.
By joining our team, you’ll have the chance to work across mission critical industries, to contribute to the security and resilience of our nation, or to exploit advanced technology in order to help our clients to not only meet, but embrace these exciting times.
Within the team, you could be expected to travel across the UK working on projects including aircraft design across all sectors, future defence projects, human factors, testing or Space. Working within design, systems, certification, finite elements, programming or stress analysis, we are looking for people who are digitally equipped to face the future needs of the market. At Atkins we offer a world of opportunities from the projects you’ll work on to the directions you can take your career, whilst our continuous mentoring, on the job learning and training will help you develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
What you’ll be doing
Mechanical, Aerospace, Systems, Electrical or Chemical engineering, design or software – whatever your passion you will be joining a high-end engineering team working on ground breaking projects. We are looking for people who are keen to diversify and adapt in an ever-changing environment. By joining a global company you truly can shape your future, aim high and achieve great things.You can help support the business through developing new innovative ways of working and will be supported in maximising your potential at every opportunity.
- Undergraduates studying towards a Master’s/ MEng in any of the following disciplines:
- Available to commit to a 10-12-month placement, and following this placement returning to full time education
- Proactive working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary inclusive teams
- A good communicator who can collaborate with a variety of colleagues and become a trusted customer adviser
- A lateral thinker who can apply technical knowledge to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and isn’t afraid to push boundaries
- Not afraid to show initiative or ask for guidance when you need it, you must be customer focused and commercially aware with a strong attention to detail
- Vision, inclusion and the drive to keep on learning
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
Where you could be
You will be able to select either Aldershot or Bristol.
Rewards & Benefits
Atkins offers a competitive salary which will be discussed with you at offer stage. To can find out more details about our rewards and benefits please visit our website.
How to join us
Initial closing date: Closing date Sunday 10th December 2017. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular and we may need to close the role early. To avoid disappointment please make your application as soon as possible. Interviews shall be held in Bristol office Monday 18th December.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!