Transportation - Business Development Industrial Year Placement (2018)
Building an integrated and sustainable transport network fit for the 21st century is what we do. We connect people and places to drive economic growth and to enrich lives. Our people know that what we do in a day can have benefits that last for generations. From smart motorways, city metros, high-speed rail and driverless cars, we shape the future of transport infrastructure around the globe and keep the world moving forward.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and proactive individual to support our Business Development Win Work Team within the Transportation division – key tasks will include the management, organisation and maintenance of key marketing materials, assisting in the preparation of tender submissions in response to business opportunities and developing bidding best practice material.
The role will be based in Warrington and involve working across the Win Work Team in multiple offices, however you will have a direct line report to a Warrington based Bid Manager.
What you'll be doing
- Assisting bid managers in preparing submissions, working with resources from across the business as appropriate
- Assisting the Win Work Team in monitoring and maintaining the pipeline in order to track longer-term business opportunities in key client and market sectors so that team can respond accordingly
- Preparing research and client intelligence documents in advance of tender opportunities being released to brief the bid team
- Contributing to the ‘smarter bidding’ drive and bidding best practice initiatives to improve the quality, cost-effectiveness, system compliance and success of all bid submissions
- Coordinate, maintain and updating a portfolio of current bidding material stored on a MS SharePoint site
Who we're looking for
- Ideally, be studying a business or marketing-related qualification – an interest in (though not a technical understanding of) transportation issues would also be advantageous
- Have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written English)
- Be computer literate - a sound knowledge of MS Office packages is essential (other graphics and / or web-design software would also be an advantage)
- Have sound numerical / analytical skills and be able to present a reasoned argument
- Be committed to quality and attention to detail
- Be able to act in a professional manner regarding commercially sensitive information
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in their role in suggesting potential opportunities for improvements
- Be able to manage their time and work to strict deadlines
Rewards & Benefits
At Atkins, you can choose from a wide range of great benefits. Visit our website to find all of the information you need so you can see what's on offer.
How to apply
Our deadline for applications is Monday 18th December 2017. Some of our placement roles are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!