Transportation – Project Management Industrial Year Placements (2018)
Building an integrated and sustainable transport network fit for the 21st century is what we do. We connect people and places to drive economic growth and to enrich lives. Our people know that what we do in a day can have benefits that last for generations. From smart motorways, city metros, high-speed rail and driverless cars, we shape the future of transport infrastructure around the globe and keep the world moving forward.
Join our innovative project management team and it will be up to you to make sure our transportation projects run smoothly. You’ll take care of everything from design, contracts and budgets, to purchasing and on-site construction. It’s a big job. But you’ll enjoy bringing everyone and everything together to deliver some of the largest and most challenging engineering projects in the transportation industry.
What you'll be doing
During your placement, you’ll:
- Disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain project deliverables under the direction of the Project Director and Project Managers to secure and measure progress
- Collect and input data in to project trackers and databases
- Attend Project Meetings and support with meeting minutes
- Preparation of meeting material to include reports, presentations and agendas
- Project cost analysis, monitoring cost and assessing earned value
- Assisting in the preparation of Project Management and Commercial Reports for the Senior Management Team
- Assisting in Work Package Management processes
Where you'll be based
We are looking for our industrial year placement students to be based from:
Midlands- Birmingham & Derby
Who we're looking for
- On track to achieve a bachelor’s (2.1 or above) or masters (2.2 or above) in Business Management, Construction Project Management, Physics, Maths, Data Science or any Engineering degree
- Drive and determination to achieve Chartered Status
- Confident working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams
- A good communicator who can analyse problems, create innovative solutions and manage your time effectively
- A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad
- Prepared to undergo a medical assessment, as some roles may involve working out on site
Rewards & Benefits
At Atkins, you can choose from a wide range of great benefits. Visit our website to find all of the information you need so you can see what’s on offer.
How to apply
Our deadline for applications is Monday 18th December 2017. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!