Civil and Structural Engineering Graduate Scheme 2019 - Infrastructure
As a Graduate Civil or Structural Engineer, you will help to support the technical aspects of civil engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of challenging and exciting projects in the UK and internationally.
Whether it’s an airport, a transport interchange, a university campus, a nuclear power station or the world’s first tidal lagoon, you’ll help us to deliver outstanding projects that respond to the needs and resources of a contemporary world. Whatever your ambitions we’ve a role to match your passion and degree, while our training will help you achieve Chartered status and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
Join us in our vision to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, working with a broad range of clients to influence policy, future technology and global sustainability.
What you’ll be doing
- As a Civil or Structural Engineering graduate, you’ll be joining one of the following teams (please clearly state on your application if one of these is of specific interest):
- Civil Engineering and Advanced Technology
- Engineering Technology
- Airport Planning/Airfield Engineering
- Water Engineering
- Building Structures
- Rivers, Dams and Maritime
- Ground Engineering
- Networks & Drainage Engineering
- Tunnelling and Underground Space
- Water Management Consultancy.
Where you’ll be based
Atkins Infrastructure have teams based across the UK.
Who we’re looking for
- Talented graduates with/expecting a 2.2 or above MEng/MSc degree (or equivalent) in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- For our Ground Engineering, Tunnelling and Underground Space opportunities, ideally a specialist Masters in Soil Mechanics, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Tunnel Engineering or a related subject.
- Good written standard of English and oral communication abilities.
- Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions.
- Ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills and achieve Chartered status.
- Experience or an interest in developing the application of computer programming and other digital solutions to engineering problems.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad.
- Ideally some design or site experience gained on a work placement.
Rewards and Benefits
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join – paid within the first month.
- Continuous support and mentoring to achieve chartered status with your chosen institution, funded by Atkins. With a chartership bonus of £2,500 once complete.
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training.
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days per year.
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you.
- Assigned graduate buddy upon joining and a strong graduate network across all locations.
- Various annual events, such as our 2-day graduate induction, ski trips, away weekends and team building activities.