Would you like to be part of our 2017 Technical Graduate Programme?
AVEVA is one of the engineering software industry’s greatest success stories. From an innovative and visionary concept in the early days of computing, we have led from the front for over 45 years.
Today, wherever you are in the world, the odds are that projects designed, built or operated using AVEVA software supply your electricity, fuel your home and car, made the fibres and dyes for your clothes and transported them across the oceans. The world relies on engineering and engineering increasingly relies on AVEVA technology. AVEVA continues to pioneer innovative technologies which rapidly become key business enablers, including:
- AVEVA Everything3D™, the world’s most advanced 3D plant design solution that unlocks the development of Lean business processes in the capital projects industries
- The most powerful and comprehensive solution for the design and construction of every type of ship and offshore structure
- The world’s most sophisticated technology for integrating, validating and using the vast and complex information assets embodied in today’s massively complex power and process plants
- Advanced Industrial Gaming technology for creating immersive, interactive training simulations of real plants, directly from the 3D design model.
As a Technical Graduate you will be an integral member of our Product Development (PD) teams which cover our software from concept, through creation, validation, release, training and support. You will contribute and learn a broad range of software development skills across all product disciplines as well as the engineering and analytical skills required in the validation, training and support of our products. The primary purpose of this role is to work within a variety of PD teams producing quality software to meet predefined requirements and ensuring a quality end-user experience for our extensive worldwide user-base.
The AVEVA Graduate Training programme follows a structured training course that includes both technical and non-technical learning and development. These include training in softer skills such as courses to explore your preferred communication styles and how to use this knowledge to build good working and customer relationships, skills that will serve you both throughout your career and in your own personal development and relationships.
Job rotation will be a fundamental part of your development which usually involves four rotations over the two year period. This provides a broad understanding of our engineering plant and marine product portfolio and our Enterprise Solutions area. In addition, you will develop a breadth of knowledge and understanding of the Company's activities in other functions.
As a successful candidate you will be provided with training to gain an understanding of Engineering Software Development for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction Industry as well as Owner Operator environments.
As a graduate on the AVEVA Graduate Training programme you will be given the opportunity and support to be a team worker with strong communications skills as well as the ability to work on their own initiative. This may include supporting the sales process, while providing valuable input to the development and implementation of an industry leading 3D modelling system for the Plant and Marine industries.
- To work closely within the assigned product development function as part of a team.
- To be responsible for the successful delivery of high productivity engineering applications including the ability to specify training and demonstration aids consistent with the agreed style in place at the time.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of AVEVA's products to achieve consistency and quality across the family of products.
- Be able to define user interaction and consistent standards in conjunction with Application Design Engineers.
Important Working Relationships
- To work with members of the PD Team to ensure timely, high quality deliveries are the result of all activities, ultimately helping to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction.
- To work with Commercial/Support Teams regarding customer issues and requirements, setting priorities and delivering solutions/resolutions.
- To work with customers from time to time regarding current issues and future requirements in relation to industry changes/advancements.
- To work with Product Development regarding requirements, priorities, deliverables and content of future software.
- To fully participate in Graduate training and activities during the programme.
- To act as support for new graduates during the second year.
What we would require from you?
- To be an enthusiastic participant of and contributor to the Graduate Training programme.
- Willing and prepared to travel for training and development purposes as well as for job necessity.
- Ambitious to pursue technical and or operational excellence in their career.
- Prepared to take on project work from time to time in addition to normal activities.
What Knowledge, Skills & Experience will you need to have?
AVEVA looks for a variety of graduates with experience or knowledge in all or some of the following areas:
- A recent graduate (within 2 years) with the minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Computer Science, Engineering, Maths or Physics.
- Use of 3D modelling tools
- Experience and knowledge of relevant industry practice and deliverables.
- An ability to communicate product issues between customers and colleagues.
- Structured and able to create, refine and execute procedures while also having the ability to think quickly and react positively to any rapidly evolving or unexpected scenarios.
- An excellent documenter and communicator.
- Willing to travel, & work out on client’s sites.
- Competent with technology & methodology.
How do I apply?
Please apply by CV and covering letter by 4th January 2017.
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!