Procurement Graduate Scheme
Responsible for undertaking procurement related tasks with learning tailored towards developing the individual to becoming capable of progression by undertaking all aspects of procurement related activity to cost, quality and schedule.
What you will be doing… (Role Duties and Responsibilities)
- A variety of Procurement and Supply Chain transactional and strategic activities, including but not limited to strategic sourcing and tendering, contract negotiation and implementation, supplier and contract management, material resource planning and strategic logistical planning. Graduates may carry out specific duties such as investigating material requirements and shortages, creating invitation to tenders, managing supplier quotations, drafting contract terms and conditions, negotiating with supopliers, placing purchase orders, managing major and commodity sub contracts, reviewing and managing supplier performance, and managing material delivery and storage.
- Graduates will be expected to use a variety of business systems to execute these activities and company funded travel to suppliers is expected as part of the role.
Entry Requirements and what we are looking for
To apply, you’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 Bachelor’s degree. We will consider candidates from any discipline. We are looking for hard working and driven individuals who are able to engage with a variety of different internal and external stakeholders that understand the importance of Supply Chain and Procurement in the delivery of our programs. We are looking for graduates with excellent Microsoft office skills, along with the ability to operate in both a strategic and operational Procurement and Supply Chain environment.
Overview of Business Unit
- Our Submarines business has been safely delivering world class submarines to the UK Royal Navy for more than a century.
- Today we are the prime contractor in the Astute programme and the UK’s only designer and builder of nuclear powered submarines – one of the world’s most complex engineering challenges. The first three submarines in the class, HMS Astute, HMS Ambush and HMS Artful, are now in service with the Royal Navy and the final four Astute class submarines are at various stages of construction at the Barrow site.
- We are also the industrial lead for the Dreadnought programme, the Royal Navy’s next generation of nuclear deterrent submarines. Construction of the first of four submarines, named Dreadnought, began last year
- Our Submarines business employs approximately 8,700 people and in 2017 we spent around £700m with over 700 suppliers.
Security/ Export Control statement
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
Please note the role will close at the end of April however where sufficient applications have been received it may close sooner.