IM&T Project Management Graduate Scheme
As a Site & Facilities Project Management Graduate, you will be part of the team responsible for the delivery of all projects within the Site & Facilities portfolio. Site & Facilities covers a variety of areas including buildings and services, nuclear boundary maintenance and energy management. These projects vary in size and complexity and this will aid your development by allowing you to build up your skills and experience gradually throughout the lifecycle of the projects. These projects are critical to not only keeping the site to an acceptable maintained level, but also supporting product build and delivery.
You will take responsibility for ensuring that we deliver on our customer commitments at the right time, at the right cost and to the best possible quality. Your work will give you the breadth of experience to succeed and tasks could include controlling budgets and expenditure, covering the governance of change within projects, resourcing, fulfilling contractual requirements or interfacing with our customers. You’ll also review performance, analyse risks and take decisions to optimise project success.
What you will be doing… (Role Duties and Responsibilities)
- Support and coordination of Site & Facilities projects aligning to Site & Facilities preferred methodology
- Take responsibility for key work streams on a variety of different projects
- Engage with stakeholders within the wider BAE Systems Submarines business, as well as externally with consultants/contractors
- Development of project definitions and support the development of project plans
- Gather data, update project plans and generate project progress reports to support review meetings
- Undertake financial reporting and financial controls in line with current business requirements
- Identify, expedite and support the resolution of problems to respond to risks, issues and deviations on the project
Entry Requirements and what we are looking for
To apply, you’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 Bachelor’s degree in either a business related or computer Scienece related degree. In addition, you must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve security clearance.
Overview of Business Unit
- Our Submarines business has been safely delivering world class submarines to the UK Royal Navy for more than a century.
- Today we are the prime contractor in the Astute programme and the UK’s only designer and builder of nuclear powered submarines – one of the world’s most complex engineering challenges. The first three submarines in the class, HMS Astute, HMS Ambush and HMS Artful, are now in service with the Royal Navy and the final four Astute class submarines are at various stages of construction at the Barrow site.
- We are also the industrial lead for the Dreadnought programme, the Royal Navy’s next generation of nuclear deterrent submarines. Construction of the first of four submarines, named Dreadnought, began last year
- Our Submarines business employs approximately 8,700 people and in 2017 we spent around £700m with over 700 suppliers.
Security/ Export Control statement
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
Please note the role will close at the end of April however where sufficient applications have been received it may close sooner.