Support Engineering is a fast growing area and covers applying systems engineering principles to the development of concepts and designs in readiness for Customer Service operations.
Support service design involves:-
- Engagement with customers and their needs
- Modelling service solution performance and integrity
- Understanding the value and performance of data to deliver world class services
- Influencing a diverse technical, aircraft maintenance, supply chain and training service community
A graduate in this area would be expected to be involved in a number of areas in order to develop a broad understanding of fast jet and unmanned systems and the activities undertaken in the design and development of innovative support solutions.
Tasks involved could include:-
- Engaging with customer representatives to translate concepts of operation in to service requirements
- Modelling and specifying the performance and costs of service and product range options
- Creating concepts, specification and test or analysis evidence for service components
- Integration of change projects driven by air platform, MAI or Corporate strategy in our service design
- Through life - understanding existing service designs and their performance to enable continuous improvement
You could also be involved with estimating project costs and timescales, attending meetings, business winning activities, supporting design reviews, writing technical reports and providing presentations to managers and customers.
Welcome to Engineering in the real world.
We recognise that development is key to you fulfilling your professional potential and us delivering our business commitments. That’s why we’ve created schemes where you take ownership of your career aspirations and we give you support, training and practical experience to help you succeed.
We are an inclusive employer and recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is imperative to deliver our strategy. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!