If you are interested in working as an integral part of high performing multi functional teams then a career in Costing & Pricing could be for you.
Do you want to work in a leading Defence company providing world class products for the UK's Navy?
Do you have an inquisitive, analytical mind with the ability to solve problems?
BAE Systems Submarines is currently looking for pro-active, dynamic individuals with an ability to work with numbers to join its Complex Systems & Support Cost & Pricing Analysis team based in Frimley.
Costing & Pricing Analysts generate cost and pricing models to meet the needs of the programme and the business, validating and challenging functional estimate returns through the compilation of independent views to drive affordable and profitable solutions. You will also generate ‘should cost’ estimates for the purchase of major equipment and provide estimating support to negotiations with suppliers.
As part of the Cost & Pricing Analysis team, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Facilitating the production of labour and material estimates, including creation of cost models.
- Understanding and implementing company cost and pricing processes and participation in relevant bid approval and project review meetings.
- Generating ‘should cost’ estimates for the purchase of major equipment and provision of estimating support to negotiations with suppliers
- Investigating out-turn records to enable reconciliation/comparison with the contract price.
- Working with the Modelling & Analysis Team to undertake pricing scenario analysis.
- Assisting in the generation of estimating Metrics and Norms across a number of areas.
- Developing and maintaining customer relationships both internal and external, and support negotiations with all customers (e.g. MoD CAAS).
- Understanding customer requirements, both Technical and Contractual.
- Supporting final costing of Commercial projects.
- Understanding the impact of inflation/price variation when bidding and performing contracts
Graduates will also be provided with the opportunity to experience a broad range of complex equipment and systems and understand the supporting activities required to design, manufacture and qualify world leading capability.
We recognise that development is key to you fulfilling your professional potential and us delivering our business commitments. That’s why we’ve created schemes where you take ownership of your career aspirations and we give you support, training and practical experience to help you succeed.
We are an inclusive employer and recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is imperative to deliver our strategy. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!