Support Engineering Graduate Scheme
Support Engineering is a fast growing area and covers applying systems engineering principles to the development of concepts and designs in readiness for Customer Service operations.
Support service design involves:-
- Engagement with customers and their needs
- Modelling service solution performance and integrity
- Understanding the value and performance of data to deliver world class services
- Influencing a diverse technical, aircraft maintenance, supply chain and training service community
A graduate in this area would be expected to be involved in a number of areas in order to develop a broad understanding of fast jet and unmanned systems and the activities undertaken in the design and development of innovative support solutions.
Tasks involved could include:-
- Engaging with customer representatives to translate concepts of operation in to service requirements
- Modelling and specifying the performance and costs of service and product range options
- Creating concepts, specification and test or analysis evidence for service components
- Integration of change projects driven by air platform, MAI or Corporate strategy in our service design
- Through life - understanding existing service designs and their performance to enable continuous improvement
You could also be involved with estimating project costs and timescales, attending meetings, business winning activities, supporting design reviews, writing technical reports and providing presentations to managers and customers.
Apply your talent where it counts.
What you’ll need
To join us on the GDF you must have a minimum of a 2:2 Bachelor's degree in a subject related to your chosen area of work. Please refer to each role profile for specific details of preferred degrees.
We’ll also look for you to demonstrate exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and have the flexibility and resilience to thrive at BAE Systems
We expect great things of our graduates. In return, you can expect a generous salary with a comprehensive benefits and pension package, including 25 days’ annual holiday with flexible leave arrangements, senior mentoring, and product and service discounts.
- Starting salary £28,000
- £2,000 welcome payment
- 20% optional salary advance
- Car lease and share schemes