Aerospace Engineer Summer Internship
As a graduate or undergraduate Aerospace Engineer, you'll develop a broad understanding of aircraft systems and the activities undertaken in design, development, test, maintenance and support. You would cover a range of disciplines including aerodynamics, electromagnetics, structures, integration, airworthiness, support engineering, mission systems, test engineering, flight systems and training systems integration.
BAE Systems 'Air' is the air sector of BAE Systems, responsible for the design and build of fixed wing military and training aircraft, as well as providing training, support and information services for the UK RAF and other customers worldwide. Graduates joining the Air business as an Aerospace Engineer will be offered challenging placements with the opportunity to become involved in a number of areas relating to Aerospace Engineering.
Apply your talent where it counts.
Rewards and benefits
You can make a real impact during your internship. And you can expect real rewards package too over the 12 weeks, with 6.5 days’ holiday a potential fast track to our graduate schemes, subject to performance and availability.
- £16,800 p/a pro rata,
- £1400 per month for Consulting, Engineering and Project Management roles in Cyber Security.
What you’ll need
- To join our Business or Engineering summer internship schemes you must be on course for at least a 2:2 Bachelor's degree in a related subject.
- For finance, you must be on course for at least a 2:1 Bachelor's degree in a related subject and also have 112 UCAS points (as per the 2017 UCAS tariff) or equivalent, excluding General Studies.
- For summer internship roles in Cyber Security you must be on course for at least a 2:1 Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths subject and also have 128 UCAS points (as per the 2017 UCAS tariff) or equivalent, excluding General Studies.
- You will also need to be available for the full 12 weeks.
We are an inclusive employer and strive to recruit, retain and inspire the best people from the widest pool. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss any adjustments or arrangements, as required, to support your application.
As a defence contractor there are security obligations placed on the Company meaning that all our applicants must be able to successfully achieve the relevant level of security clearance to join us.