Business Development Summer Internship
Our Business Development graduates and undergraduates work in a team identifying, developing and winning new business.
As a business develop graduate/ undergraduate you will be involved in sales and marketing as well as aspects of offset, customer relations, bid / proposal production, customer and market analysis, events and exhibitions.
The products created by BAE Systems speak for themselves, however in this industry contracts can take years to materialise, require senior political influence and can be affected by countries’ foreign policies. As a result, stakeholder management and building customer relationships through professionalism and hard work are key parts of our ethos and only when these factors are aligned can success be achieved.
Our Customers are key to the success of our business. We ensure our international customers are at the forefront of what we do. Our talented teams are responsible for defining and owning country and regional strategies and identifying routes to market for our products and services.
This role is available within our Air business where we are actively pursuing Export campaigns for Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft, Hawk aircraft plus other campaigns involving our Training, Unmanned Aircraft activities and Defence Information Services. In this key role you will predominately be based at our Warton site in the North West of England, however occasional travel to other UK based sites may be required.
Apply your talent where it counts.
Rewards and benefits
You can make a real impact during your internship. And you can expect real rewards package too over the 12 weeks, with 6.5 days’ holiday a potential fast track to our graduate schemes, subject to performance and availability.
- £16,800 p/a pro rata,
- £1400 per month for Consulting, Engineering and Project Management roles in Cyber Security.
What you’ll need
- To join our Business or Engineering summer internship schemes you must be on course for at least a 2:2 Bachelor's degree in a related subject.
- For finance, you must be on course for at least a 2:1 Bachelor's degree in a related subject and also have 112 UCAS points (as per the 2017 UCAS tariff) or equivalent, excluding General Studies.
- For summer internship roles in Cyber Security you must be on course for at least a 2:1 Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths subject and also have 128 UCAS points (as per the 2017 UCAS tariff) or equivalent, excluding General Studies.
- You will also need to be available for the full 12 weeks.
We are an inclusive employer and strive to recruit, retain and inspire the best people from the widest pool. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss any adjustments or arrangements, as required, to support your application.
As a defence contractor there are security obligations placed on the Company meaning that all our applicants must be able to successfully achieve the relevant level of security clearance to join us.