Human Resources - Graduate Scheme
Discover Bakkavor for a two-year HR programme that gives you valuable, practical work experience across every part of our food manufacturing business. We offer all this while supporting you to achieve the career-defining CIPD qualification – and preparing you for a highly influential role.
We Are Bakkavor
Every day millions of people around the globe enjoy our food. We are Bakkavor, a leading provider in the fast-moving and dynamic world of fresh prepared food.
We are over 19,000 people working together across the UK, the US and China, to provide thousands of different products to our customers who include the world's top grocery retailers and foodservice operators, and ultimately, consumers who want fresh, convenient foods. Creating great tasting food has been part of our DNA since 1986.
Our Human Resources Programme
You will work in three placements across different business units, while receiving fully-funded training for the CIPD professional development scheme. We'll give you core skills in recruitment, employee relations, performance management, employment law, pay management, development and succession.
In addition, you will receive structured on-the-job training and mentoring, plus invitations to attend skills training, including management and leadership, presentation skills and psychometric testing. Having an inquisitive nature and an inbuilt desire to challenge the norms is the key to success.
You will also gain an all-round understanding of human resources and our food manufacturing business, as the journey from farm to fork is fast- moving and complex!
Ultimately, it's about giving you the in-depth understanding you need to reach a key HR management role within five years.
What You Will Need
- Completed at least a 2:2 honours degree (ideally in business or human resources management).
- Three months' experience working in a HR or professional services environment.
- The ability to combine your excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with a business-focused approach.
- Excellent organisational skills.
What we Offer
- We believe a strong compensation and benefits package is important for recruiting and retaining top talent. We are therefore committed to creating a benefits programme that is competitive and flexible to work around you:
- £27,000 salary which is reviewed after completing your first year with us.
- £1,000 sign-on bonus.
- The opportunity to own a brand new car at cheaper rates to get you on the road through Zenith.
- Competitive pension scheme.
- A two year Leadership Training Programme with Fieri Leadership.
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase additional holidays.
- Relocation assistance for each placement.
Our graduate scheme has been created to develop the future leaders and shapers of our business. Explore what you could do...